Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

Quote from: hbionic on August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM
It's only a matter of time before we get to the future.

By new sig.

Thanks.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Yeti

Hbionic

Yeti

Hbionic

hbionic

Counting cricket chrips can give you the estimated temperature

http://www.snopes.com/science/cricket.asp

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

Eagaholic

a few days ago, the northern lights could be seen as far south as Georgia.

From the as above so below files:

NOAA forecasters estimate a 50% chance of M-class solar flares during the next 24 hours. One such eruption has already occurred: An M4-flare at 2200 UT on Nov. 2nd produced a bright flash of extreme UV radiation and shot forth a mass of geomagnetic radiation into space.

However, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory predicts a possibility within 3 days of a solar filament eruption which will hurl forth a massive coronal ejection (MCE) that could splash across the face of the northern hemisphere.

phattymatty

sounds sexy.

also some gigantic asteroid is supposed to pass by us tomorrow night.

Eagaholic

Yeah, there are groups that actually track asteroids that could hit the earth.  I don't think this one will be visible though. There's a chart half way down the page.

http://spaceweather.com/

Munson

wanna translate that post about the solar flares for me? :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

General_Failure

2nd test affirms faster-than-light particles

QuoteA second experiment at the European facility that reported subatomic particles zooming faster than the speed of light -- stunning the world of physics -- has reached the same result, scientists said late Thursday.

The "positive outcome of the [second] test makes us more confident in the result," said Fernando Ferroni, president of the Italian Institute for Nuclear Physics, in a statement released late Thursday. Ferroni is one of 160 physicists involved in the international collaboration known as OPERA (Oscillation Project with Emulsion Tracking Apparatus) that performed the experiment.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

That gives me hope that we would see a new set of rules for physics during our lifetime and that it would bring us a step closer to the solution to traveling to distant solar systems in a short period of time...without having to use infinite energy and growing really, really, fat!