Week 17 - Cardinals: Gannon’s Revenge?

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 28, 2023, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The Cards have been decent at times. Their midget QB has been sick but I could see him playing and torching them along with their TE McBride.

But Avonte and Dickerson could be back Sunday.

Maybe the Eagles offense will not piss down their legs? Maybe they'll throw to the middle of the field? Maybe Jalen won't backpedal in the pocket like he's a corner?

QB Eagles

If the Birds lose, and they shouldn't, it'll 100% be on the offense for not dragging Gannon's sorry-ass defense.

Really don't expect what happens on the other side of the ball to matter much. If the Birds defense gives up either 0 or 40 the Eagle offense should be more than keeping pace in this one, if it's a seriously run outfit at all.

Diomedes

So I guess no one want Zach Ertz?  Eagles didn't bite and I've heard nothing about any other team sniffing around.  Is he done?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Two of my worst memories of Eagles games came against these clowns.  Jim Bakken kicked a game winner in 1975.  I was a little kid, and I can still see the ball flying over our heads at the end.  I cried like a little girl on the subway home. 

And that motherfarger Jake Plummer beat their asses in the 1999 opener.  That game was the last one I ever sat in my old seats in 301 too.  Goddamn they were killing them too up by 3 scores in the first quarter.  Duce was running wild and then Fat Andy stopped running the ball. Pederson was an atrocity too.

I hope they blow them out by a hundred but it's guaranteed to be a close one. 

I hated the Woody Woodpeckers with a passion.  Still do. 

QB Eagles

They were the perennial losers of the division but reliably shivved the NFCE teams that were looking ahead to the next week.

Since realignment it has a way different feel, but the Cards are still 7-5 against the Eagles.

Don Ho

Don't forget 2001 and Troy Vincent getting bitch slapped by Plummer to Martay Jenkins. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Yes, let's remember that some more.  Thanks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Lmao dio. Exact thoughts reading both of those memories. Core memories of eagle's heartbreak for me
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Since the subject came up I have started thinking about how many times the Cards have ripped our guts out.  This was more the end of the Eagles as we knew them (choking Dogs under Buddy/Kotitty/Rhodes) but they played the Cardinals on SNF 1998, it was awful. Bobby Hoying looking the POS he was that night. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

And of course they boot Murray to McBride

That combo is gonna kill them

Diomedes

PhillyPhreak54

This run defense is ATROCIOUS

god damn man

Cut back lanes galore

PhillyPhreak54

Let them walk right down the field out of the half

I hate this defense with a passion