Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Munson, March 11, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I actually think Mills will play well at S.

He's not a bad tackler and his coverage deficiencies can be hidden for the most part at S

Rome

You're replacing a Pro Bowler with a guy who's never played the position.

Classic plug and pray.  And we know how that turns out. 

This whole thing reeks of a rebuild on the fly.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on March 18, 2020, 06:52:55 PM
pretty clear this was a turn the page move...they wanted to change up the leadership structure of the team

The Eagles would have picked up his option if Jenkins was willing to play at that number.

Can't really judge not signing him to a similar deal until the rest of free agency plays out. Making such a move would have made other moves unaffordable.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 18, 2020, 07:09:07 PM
I actually think Mills will play well at S.

He's not a bad tackler and his coverage deficiencies can be hidden for the most part at S

Jenkins was more of a 3rd cb who also roamed...Mills can't cover the slag route for shtein and doesn't have range or closing speed. Nothing about him makes me think he'll be a successful safety. He's best utilized in short spaces like in the redzone.

Diomedes

I don't know how to compare it.

Eagles were on the hook for 7.6 if they picked up his option.  Given what he accepted, does the fact they said no thanks mean that he wanted more from the Eagles than from others? 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

He wanted more years. Howie wants to get younger. 2020 wasn't the problem. 2021 and beyond was. They would have been willing to pay him 7.6 and let him walk after. If Jenkins hadn't already made it known that he wasn't going to play under the terms of the option, that's probably what would have happened.

Diomedes

Salary structures mystify me.  A dude like Jenkins has to know he's not very likely to get a bunch of that deal, right?  $35M over four years for 32 year old safety.  Yeah, right.  36 year old starting safety in the NFL?  ha.  It's a four year, but it's really just a two year, or something like that.  Or at least, that's what the cap heads will say after more details are known..

Is this wrong:  Eagles could have kept him by tacking on fake years just like anyone else, the real nut is he wanted a guaranteed payday and Eagles weren't going to give him 17M guaranteed.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 18, 2020, 07:51:02 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 18, 2020, 06:52:55 PM
pretty clear this was a turn the page move...they wanted to change up the leadership structure of the team

The Eagles would have picked up his option if Jenkins was willing to play at that number.

Can't really judge not signing him to a similar deal until the rest of free agency plays out. Making such a move would have made other moves unaffordable.

well sure but this was their chance to fully turn the page. re-shape the team with carson being the undisputed bmoc.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

I can't tell you how sick I am of goodbye letters from athletes. 

Later, dude.  Good luck.

ice grillin you

hes on the short list of my favorite eagles ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

Rome

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30269479/new-orleans-saints-malcolm-jenkins-buys-lunch-300-philadelphia-poll-workers

He's neck and neck with 99 as my favorite all-time Bird. 

Best part is he partnered with a black-owned business to feed public servants doing their civic duty. Symbolism and shtein.