Fletcher Smith vs. ProFootballTalk

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 25, 2005, 09:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Journalists getting their information from other journalists who made up their information? That's just crazy!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

PFT, Gary Papa, Westbrooks Agent, CSN:  all gay. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on August 25, 2005, 09:34:45 AM
PFT, Gary Papa, Westbrooks Agent, CSN:  all gay. 

Super-gay?  Quasi-gay?  Lame-o-gay?

SunMo

Al Morganti said on WIP this morning that he thought Pappa was forced to ask the question by a producer in his ear, just from the way he was stumbling on the queston.

Either way, it's a joke that he got in trouble.  You're not supposed to ask a player about the biggest issue surrounding him?  Why do the interview then.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on August 25, 2005, 09:37:36 AM
Al Morganti said on WIP this morning that he thought Pappa was forced to ask the question by a producer in his ear, just from the way he was stumbling on the queston.

Either way, it's a joke that he got in trouble.  You're not supposed to ask a player about the biggest issue surrounding him?  Why do the interview then.

Ask him all you want if it is not a condition established beforehand. But if you promise to not bring it up, then you do not ambush the guy after telling him you won't bring it up.

That was Westbrook's first interview since he reported to camp (and his last, too). There were a million other things he could've asked.

I hate sideline interviews anyways, especially when the game is going on and they're showing that cliche crap instead of the game, which ESPN is the masters of doing.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2005, 09:42:46 AM

Ask him all you want if it is not a condition established beforehand. But if you promise to not bring it up, then you do not ambush the guy after telling him you won't bring it up.

That was Westbrook's first interview since he reported to camp (and his last, too). There were a million other things he could've asked.

I hate sideline interviews anyways, especially when the game is going on and they're showing that cliche crap instead of the game, which ESPN is the masters of doing.

however anybody feels about it, i think we can all agree that we're all being punished now.  rumor has it that this week, dave is going to demostrate the little stand that kickers use to practice field goals.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on August 25, 2005, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2005, 09:42:46 AM

however anybody feels about it, i think we can all agree that we're all being punished now.  rumor has it that this week, dave is going to demostrate the little stand that kickers use to practice field goals.

:-D

I wish there was an option to watch NFL games without any commentators at all. Just give me the down, distance, score, time and the sounds of the game.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2005, 09:49:14 AM

I wish there was an option to watch NFL games without any commentators at all. Just give me the down, distance, score, time and the sounds of the game.

on PTI they said there was a CFL game (I think) that broadcasted without announcers and ratings went up.

MURP

an option to punch Spadz through the TV. 

ParkingLotFlagDude

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on August 25, 2005, 09:23:13 AM
.....................Looks like we'll see more of Spads running in a bungee coard the next two weeks.

If Spaz is willing to demo how it really is a bungee by jumping off the roof of the Linc with it , them I am cool. 

..accidents happen... >:D
Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

Rome

QuoteOh, well.  That's one less Christmas card we have to open.

RezRob

Either way, it's a joke that he got in trouble. You're not supposed to ask a player about the biggest issue surrounding him? Why do the interview then.
We need a good old fashion chokin of journalists like Evrett gave Jim Rome years ago, none of this kickin and pushin camera men. Go right for the talking head.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 25, 2005, 09:49:14 AM

They tried that about 20 years ago on NBC.  It went over like a lead balloon because the American public has, by and large, the collective attention span of a roomful of pre-schoolers and needs the constant droning of announcers to keep them focused on the screen.

It's funny because I feel the same way.  We watch the games at the pub and it never ceases to amaze me that nearly everyone wants the sound turned up to ear-splitting decibals so that they can hear the announcers comments.

I honestly don't get that.