Vista issues?

Started by Sgt PSN, April 01, 2008, 03:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Bought a laptop last week with Vista on it.  I've got my :CF preferences set so that there's the "quick reply" box at the bottom of the page.  On my computer with XP, if I quote someone's post, the quote appears in the quick reply box and I can just add my point oh two and sumbit the post.  But on my new laptop, whenever I quote someone, their quote appears in the quick reply box but then I am immdiately taken to a new screen with the "full reply" options. 

Anyone else with (or without) Vista have this happen to them? 

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sarge broka zee internets!

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Susquehanna Birder

Take that POS back to Best Buy.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on April 01, 2008, 05:33:34 PM
Take that POS back to Best Buy.

Office Depot.  And it only ran me $350. 

Diomedes

When I bought my laptop a year ago I could have had Vista, but I thought...hmmm new fancy sschmancy shtein, or the old standard XP? 

I went with the latter and I made the right call.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I'm actually liking Vista so far.  It's alot to get used to because there are a lot of changes from previous versions of Windows but overall, it's not too shabby so far. 

What are the major complaints with Vista?  I don't know anyone that has it right now so I really don't know. 

Also, to kind of get back on topic, does anyone think the problem I'm having with the board is Vista related?  Or something else?  I've never had it happen with any other version of Windows.  I've got XP on my desktop pc and at work too and when I post on the board from either of those computers, the board funtions normally. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

General_Failure

It's bloatware built on bloatware built on bloatware. An operating system should not take up gigs of space.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

So it's simply the size of it that's the problem, not the overall functionality?  Sounds like something a chick would say.

General_Failure

That's the reason I haven't switched to it, so I don't know any of the other problems with it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 01, 2008, 11:43:15 PM
So it's simply the size of it that's the problem, not the overall functionality?  Sounds like something a chick would say.

It's inefficient.  In order to be able to run the shtein you'll never use, all the other stuff is slower.

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***