Keeper League 13 - Sassy Rules

Started by Sgt PSN, July 18, 2013, 03:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on November 20, 2013, 11:01:01 AM
this is why keeper leagues need a last place penalty.  tanker!

I'm down with this, although I don't think Rusty is actually tanking.  It's not like he has a roster full of backups. 

What would be a good penalty?  Double the entry fee (which gets included in the pot to the winner)?  Go down on Chuggie's mom?  Run errands with Dio for a day?  Go hat shopping with T-hawk? 

rjs246

No, I'm not actually trying to tank, my team just turned to shtein. Trent Richardson, Julio Jones, Matt Ryan turning to shtein because JJ and Roddy White were hurt. Ray Rice turning into some sort of useless douchenozzle for no good reason. Yeah, my team blows, but I'm not tanking.

Regardless, I'm cool with implementing a change to the league rules next season so last place pays some sort of penalty. Punishing ineptitude is right up my alley.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 20, 2013, 02:05:29 PM
Quote from: SunMo on November 20, 2013, 11:01:01 AM
this is why keeper leagues need a last place penalty.  tanker!

I'm down with this, although I don't think Rusty is actually tanking.  It's not like he has a roster full of backups. 

What would be a good penalty?  Double the entry fee (which gets included in the pot to the winner)?  Go down on Chuggie's mom?  Run errands with Dio for a day?  Go hat shopping with T-hawk?

Yes, the loser has to go with me to find this hat to wear with the Bruce Lee Kung Fu outfit from Enter The Dragon I had made when I was in China:

Sgt PSN

Jefferies and Gordon.  Farg me. 

SD

Still have Marshawn, Graham and the Bengals D. Feel the burn.

Munson

Really hate that I have to face Peyton Manning in the first round.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Luckily this loss won't hurt my place in the standings and I'll stay in 3rd.  If Rusty can pull out a win against T-hawk, then I think all 4 playoff spots will be clinched (Munson, SD, Me, Zanshin) and the final week of the season would determine the final seedings. 

SD

How do the playoffs work? In my other league it starts after week 14...top 4 teams make it...1 plays 4 and 2 plays

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on December 02, 2013, 01:53:20 PM
How do the playoffs work? In my other league it starts after week 14...top 4 teams make it...1 plays 4 and 2 plays

Exactly the same except we allow the 3 seed to participate rather than making the 2 seed play itself. 

Munson

Oh yeah forgot this league goes 14 weeks....so I have one more week of not facing Peyton manning in the playoffs....sweet
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Rusty blows. Way to lose by less than 1 point, jerkface.

Zanshin

Munson

I should just bench my team and throw this game since I think THawk's team is overall better....but then Zanshin has Peyton Manning, who can and has beat me pretty much singlehandedly.

Zanshin

You should totally do that. I dare you. Not like a regular dare, but, like, a double dog dare sort of thing.

Munson