2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

The only thing I say about next year is the better bring Rollins back.

Other than that this farging team of gutless pigs can go farg themselves.

SD

SunMo

i feel about the phillies like i felt (and still feel) about the eagles after 2005

gargano called it eagles fatigue.

i have phillies fatigue
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hey... At least the Phillies won one. Being tired of them not winning another is better than the Eagles' version of fatigue.

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 08, 2011, 11:42:59 AM
Hey... At least the Phillies won one. Being tired of them not winning another is better than the Eagles' version of fatigue.

Exactly. If the Eagles had won at least one SB I'd be happy with the 5-10 years of misery they put me through. I'm as pissed as ever over the Phillies and more so because expectations were so high but at least they got it done.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on October 08, 2011, 11:48:38 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on October 08, 2011, 11:42:59 AM

Exactly. If the Eagles had won at least one SB I'd be happy with the 5-10 years of misery they put me through. I'm as pissed as ever over the Phillies and more so because expectations were so high but at least they got it done.

Very true.  But the most frustrating part of it is that the Phils team that won it all was the "worst" team they fielded in the last 4 years.  Each year since winning the series, they have added more pieces and progressively gotten better each season, but somehow have managed to progressively get worse each post season.  Makes no sense at all. 

MDS

it makes perfect sense

they are so used to winning that the playoffs turn into the regular season. they dont get to that next gear because it doesnt exist. it feels like a random game in may to them. meanwhile the cardinals, giants, etc. are playing out of their minds because october and thats what you do.

they need to cut the cord with everyone (except jimmy) and start fresh. its over.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I'm not in all out blow it up mode, but I will say that if they were somehow able to deal Utley and Howard for a box of cracker jacks I would not complain one bit.  Those 2 are the biggest post season frauds I've ever seen. 

Lock up Jimmy, Madson and Hamels. 

MDS

howard is as unmovable as any player in sports

no one is touching 5/125 for a gimpy, washed-up, past his prime fat power hitter who sucks donkey dick against good pitching. 

utley only has a few years left and the fans would have a heart attack if he got dealt. monty would never sign off on that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:59:23 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2011, 01:52:58 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 01:49:12 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2011, 01:46:49 AM
i will never get over this

its the biggest disgrace in philly sports history

im not even sure i can stomach an mlbtv order next year. and with the eagles, no sixers....farging christ.

blow it up. blow it the farg up.

i decided a couple months ago that if they dont bring jimmy back im out for next year as far as getting EI

maybe my tone will change in april but right now the thought of this team makes me physically violent and ill

they are such a farcical disgrace. to win 102 games and then collapse and choke to the god damn farging piece of shtein cardinals. its a farging joke. its a farging god damn mother farging joke. a joke. theres nothing else to say. its a disgrace and they will never recover or live it down.

couldnt agree more with the first statement...but ive felt this way since the early summer of 2010....which is why ive been such a salty negative ornery bastich for the last couple seasons...and the reason i was is because i could see how these last two seasons were going to end....this offense is a pathetic disgrace....thus the regular season wins meant nothing to me while you fargs jerked off to a guaranteed back to back world series titles

With all due respect, Igy, you've been a salty negative ornery bastich from day one of your :CF life.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2011, 12:44:47 PM
howard is as unmovable as any player in sports

Right now I think that is literally true.  Richie Ashburn's corpse is probably faster at this point.

Sgt PSN

Ashburn's corpse could take more pitches and work the count better than any of these idiots. 

It's the Kurse of Kalas.  The Phils will never win anything again as long as Wheels is in the booth. 

Geowhizzer

I've had a decent night's sleep and some time to process the debacle. Not sure it helped, but here goes:

The Phils probably faced the one team in the NL that had the best chance of beating them.  That series in September (yeah yeah, the Phils already had it nailed down blah blah blah) not only helped spur the Cardinals into the Wild Card, it gave them a hell of a lot of confidence that the could beat the bloated leviathan that is the Phillies.

The pitchers held Albert Pujols to one RBI over five games.  I'd take that every day of the week. 

Cliff Lee picked the wrong day for one of his blow-ups, with an assist from Victorino.  Win that game, and I don't tink it ever gets to game four, much less five.

EDIT:  The rest of this fits better in Rome's offseason thread.  I'm moving it over there.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 08, 2011, 01:25:09 PM
Ashburn's corpse could take more pitches and work the count better than any of these idiots. 

It's the Kurse of Kalas.  The Phils will never win anything again as long as Wheels is in the booth.

Phreak, you're flying into Philly.  Take care of that.  No one in Philly will touch you!