2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

someones gotta go for this. maybe they sell it was jimmy, polanco and ibnez but good lord they werent the issue. whats gonna happen is the blame is 100% gonna fall on choke and manuel. hes gonna want out midway through 2012 but his contract is unmovable so everyone will be stuck.

i cant wait for that sellout streak to end, too. farg this franchise.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

no way charlie even gets an ounce of blame

i would have said choke but with his injury it may seem like piling on...i guess the offense as a whole gets the blame but people will still mostly be of the attitude that they still have the best pitching in the league and they cant wait till next year!!

now that its all said and done...i agree with you and sunny at least as far as this series....its phifer....he doesnt blow up again in the post season then they win this series...but what people will overlook is that even had they won this they still lose in the nlcs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

the issue is, staked to a 4-0 lead, CLIFF LEE completely collapses, letting St Louis back into the series. 

the issue is, the offense, after getting up 4 and 2 runs in games 2 and 4 decide they're so awful that they've done their job and don't need any more runs.

the issue is Roy Oswalt would rather be clearing his property in Mississippi right now and they can't score more than 2 runs off of EDWIN JACKSON.

the issue is Charlie sat there with a dumb blank look on his face the entire series.

i wonder if milt was sitting at home for any of these games looking at gabe gross and asking him 'how's my ass taste'.

MDS

first of its greg gross, but whatever

second charlie is stubborn to a fault. they havent had a good offense for 2 years but he never not for one second changed his approach. he still treated everyone like they were on the 2007 phillies and let them swing away, figured a pile of 3 run homers were around the corner.

instead, he should have been playing small ball all year. but it all starts with first off having an insanely old and slow team, then you get rid of lopes because of money. now the base running goes down. now you rely on washed up utley and past his prime jimmy to pretend its 2007...all for a middle of the order than isnt very good...setting up a wretched bottom of the order.

what charlie needed to do was play for a run every single inning. what rube needed to do was send ibnaez packing and get a slap hitting speedy LF like coco crisp. he gets on, steals bases, get a run and you hope to repeat that 3 times and win 2-1 or 3-2 or something. but no. they attack and pretend its 2007 and they think howard is gonna jack one. newsflash. hes farging terrible.

and charlie is too farging vapid and stupid to change. they are what they are and they are regular season champions.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah this year the eagles were basically the 2000 ravens...and in 2007-2008 they were the kurt warner rams...so this year they should have reigned in the offense and dinked and dunked down the field letting their pitching win the games for them...instead they continued to try and throw go routes and deeps posts and ended up losing a playoff game 10-7

Eagles_Legendz

pretty much.

not that it matters now really, but that SI article for last week is hilarious now in retrospect.

MDS

charlie farging babies the ever loving shtein out of his players

farging coddles them like god damn 2 year olds with down syndrome. its disgusting but you look the other way when they win.

now in the cold light of this disgrace, its all in the forefront.

next year
lf-hof brown
cf-vic
rf-pence
3b- martinez or valdez or slop
ss- freddy lol galvis
2b- over the hill utley
1b- AAAberry until choke is back
c- ruiz

good lord thats horrid

Don Ho

This will always be remembered as the NLDS that Cliff Lee blew a 4-0 cushion.    As if we were surprised by the offense.  Bullpen was what we expected.  Stutes was spent by August 1, Lidge is an adventure and Madson is proving he's a legit closer. 

I love Cliff Lee but he picked one hell of a night to shtein the bed.  Bums up 2-0 after Sunday it's over in 4.

I'm numb already. Worst possible nightmare came true tonight.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

doesnt matter to me...if my man jimmy isnt there then im OUT

but lol good god is that awful...altho polly will be at third....hof wont win the rf job and no farging way freddy galvis is at short

Eagles_Legendz

i'm not going to be in the mood to think about next season for months, but this offseason will be very telling.

Oswalt could come off the books/Jimmy/Madson/Lidge/Ibanez.  That's somewhere around $45-50 million to play around with.  I'm going to guess they bring back Madson, and try to re-sign Jimmy, but if they just pocket the rest of the dough, you know this is the beginning of the end, and this season was the season they pushed their chips in.  If they somehow basically re-invest it one way or the other and keep the payroll at $160-170 mill, that may be a signal that they think it's sustainable going forward.

whatever.  i can't get over what i watched tonight.  i fully expected them to lose in some horrific way, but 3 farging hits all game.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on October 08, 2011, 02:43:19 AM
This will always be remembered as the NLDS that Cliff Lee blew a 4-0 cushion.    As if we were surprised by the offense.  Bullpen was what we expected.  Stutes was spent by August 1, Lidge is an adventure and Madson is proving he's a legit closer. 

I love Cliff Lee but he picked one hell of a night to shtein the bed.  Bums up 2-0 after Sunday it's over in 4.

I'm numb already. Worst possible nightmare came true tonight.

cliff lee didnt pick that night...he had been terrible in his previous postseason starts...people thought hed be good but lets not act like something crazy happened to him that one night

the intelligent fans will put this on him but as a whole its laughable to think that his start is what this series will always be remembered by...id argue that the farther we get away from it the less people remember his night

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 02:43:43 AM

but lol good god is that awful...altho polly will be at third....hof wont win the rf job and no farging way freddy galvis is at short

AAAberry has to start at first with choke being done so hof brown by default is in lf

polly is finished. he was thinking about retiring last yr and hes def. gonna do that this year. they cant bring him back even if he wants to. hes finished.

who else is at SS? what else can they do? they need to get young and fast like now

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 08, 2011, 02:45:26 AM
i'm not going to be in the mood to think about next season for months, but this offseason will be very telling.

Oswalt could come off the books/Jimmy/Madson/Lidge/Ibanez.  That's somewhere around $45-50 million to play around with.  I'm going to guess they bring back Madson, and try to re-sign Jimmy, but if they just pocket the rest of the dough, you know this is the beginning of the end, and this season was the season they pushed their chips in.  If they somehow basically re-invest it one way or the other and keep the payroll at $160-170 mill, that may be a signal that they think it's sustainable going forward.

theres no could about oswalt...he is def getting bought out

and dont forget they also need to lock in heidi long term

Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2011, 02:47:26 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2011, 02:43:43 AM

AAAberry has to start at first with choke being done so hof brown by default is in lf

polly is finished. he was thinking about retiring last yr and hes def. gonna do that this year. they cant bring him back even if he wants to. hes finished.

who else is at SS? what else can they do? they need to get young and fast like now

if they dont brign back jimmy and it doesnt look good then they need to bring in a cheap veteran...or put valdez there.....galvis is not ready and may never be...if choke get his surgery right away he should be back in late april or may...first base is by far the easiest position to fill when it comes to cheap free agents.....i suspect they go that route for first and AAAberry goes to left

MDS

i suspect it doesnt matter and they will suck next year

i also suspect the 2008 title meaning dick and this team being remembered as a pack of gutless pusssy frauds

i also suspect this shiner tastes like water and its not doing the farging trick

ice grillin you