2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Game 5 is a lock to happen. I have zero confidence in the Phils bats. The Cards are outplaying the Phillies... bottom line. Maybe Doc bails them out game 5 but right now the Cards are playing like the better team.

I was thinking back to 2008 when the batters were patient at the plate and worked counts. Now fast forward to 2011 where they're swinging at whatever they like.

SD

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 05, 2011, 07:54:38 PM
This shtein ain't over...Phils have a comeback in them.

their offense sucks....only chance they had this post season was if all the starters went 8 or 9 with an ER or two

problem is pitchers look a lot better in july compared to october when every batter is bearing down on every pitch like they do in the playoffs....in the playoffs hitters elevate their game pitchers dont...thats why you see cody rosses and david freeses in the postseason

so as good as the phillies rotation was this year and it was good there was no way for it to improve in the post season....it could only get worse
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Well the series rest on Roy now... if Roy can't bring his A game, then the Phils don't belong in the NLCS anyway.

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 07:58:22 PM

their offense sucks....only chance they had this post season was if all the starters went 8 or 9 with an ER or two

problem is pitchers look a lot better in july compared to october when every batter is bearing down on every pitch like they do in the playoffs....in the playoffs hitters elevate their game pitchers dont...thats why you see cody rosses and david freeses in the postseason

so as good as the phillies rotation was this year and it was good there was no way for it to improve in the post season....it could only get worse

The worst part is the fact that they could have really knocked Jackson around with the way they started the game.  Instead, the Phils get 2 runs... and Oswalt gets murdered by Freese.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on October 05, 2011, 08:00:50 PM
Well the series rest on Roy now... if Roy can't bring his A game, then the Phils don't belong in the NLCS anyway.

he could have his a game and it might not matter...the phillies arent touching carpenter...you basically gotta hope the phillies win 1-0

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on October 05, 2011, 08:01:46 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 07:58:22 PM

The worst part is the fact that they could have really knocked Jackson around with the way they started the game.  Instead, the Phils get 2 runs... and Oswalt gets murdered by Freese.

having pence go and runnign yourself out of that inning took all the air out of the team....game was pretty much over after that

Hawk

The worst part is hearing the morons on WIP/97.5 calling up yelling that Worley should have started game 4 and that they were right.

MDS

so halladay coughs up 3 runs before the game starts but the offense bails him out

lee gives away a 4-0 lead

hamels labors through 6 before a pinch hitter wins the game

the offense shuts down after 3 batters and oswalt gets murdered by someone named david freese

blue. print.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i just looked because i was curious and knew it was bad but not this bad

since game one jimmy rollins has seven hits the rest of the roster has 10

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 08:11:06 PM
i just looked because i was curious and knew it was bad but not this bad

since game one jimmy rollins has seven hits the rest of the roster has 10

Absolutely Brutal.... 10 hits over 3 games.

Hawk

Hawk

ice grillin you

Hawk