2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

eagles are bums every year and will be until banner inc is gone
Quote from: Hawk on October 04, 2011, 08:39:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2011, 08:34:36 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 04, 2011, 08:27:17 PM
You gave up bottom of the 5th in game one... you sir, are the joke.  And are now making bad Carlton jokes.

if someone makes a comment about the game i go back and look to see if i didnt see it myself...when i found it i said he must be talking about another pitch...but there was no other pitch....then i deduced that you are probably like 22 and dont know a god damn thing about the game....you just go off on tangents like other youngins who dont know shtein about sports but jumped on the bandwagon a few years ago...and i was proven right...in this case it was even worse than i imgained tho...to call that pitch a strike is just mind boggling

not that i didnt kinda know already from other people talkiing about you but tonight i fully understand why everyone thinks you are a dope

IGY, you're the only that constantly brings me up... the pitch was close enough to get excited about.  Been going to Phils game my whole life, so once again, another wrong assumption.  Now I take solace in knowing you were DVRing a pitch while we all were watching the win.  Nice one.

i dont ever bring you up...i knew you were young and dumb in general but whatever...i noticed a lot of other people calling you out and it made me pay more attention...and its all true

im talking about sports btw...politics i def bring you up because you are a POS right wing hater zealot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2011, 08:41:29 PM
eagles are bums every year and will be until banner inc is gone
Quote from: Hawk on October 04, 2011, 08:39:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2011, 08:34:36 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 04, 2011, 08:27:17 PM
You gave up bottom of the 5th in game one... you sir, are the joke.  And are now making bad Carlton jokes.

if someone makes a comment about the game i go back and look to see if i didnt see it myself...when i found it i said he must be talking about another pitch...but there was no other pitch....then i deduced that you are probably like 22 and dont know a god damn thing about the game....you just go off on tangents like other youngins who dont know shtein about sports but jumped on the bandwagon a few years ago...and i was proven right...in this case it was even worse than i imgained tho...to call that pitch a strike is just mind boggling

not that i didnt kinda know already from other people talkiing about you but tonight i fully understand why everyone thinks you are a dope

IGY, you're the only that constantly brings me up... the pitch was close enough to get excited about.  Been going to Phils game my whole life, so once again, another wrong assumption.  Now I take solace in knowing you were DVRing a pitch while we all were watching the win.  Nice one.

i dont ever bring you up...i knew you were young and dumb in general but whatever...i noticed a lot of other people calling you out and it made me pay more attention...and its all true

im talking about sports btw...politics i def bring you up because you are a POS right wing hater zealot

No IGY... It's constantly you...

Am I your new Munson??

Go rewind your DVR again and check on that strike. 

SD

ice grillin you

jesus no...you are not even close to being ignored...you are young and stupid but not annoying at all much less how munson used to be

Hawk

What's the confidence level in Oswalt ending this series tomorrow?

BigEd76

SD

Quote from: Hawk on October 04, 2011, 08:58:48 PM
What's the confidence level in Oswalt ending this series tomorrow?

I have confidence in Oswalt because of the pitching matchup. I know the bats are slumping but they should hit Edwin Jackson.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 04, 2011, 08:59:48 PM
I'm more confident in Jackson sucking

true.  I think they win tomorrow 5-3 or something along those lines.  Expecting something like 6IP 2ER from Oswalt.

ice grillin you

i agree...they got the leftyitis out of their system and they should put in work against jackson

i didnt think this series was ever going back to philly...whoever won tonight was winning tomorrow

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2011, 09:03:30 PM
.whoever won tonight was winning tomorrow

Yup. Was telling my roommate tonight was like game game 3 of the NLCS last season with Hamels pitching against Cain. It was after that game I knew they were cooked.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ZwR:

QuoteTo eff with LaRussa further, Phils should go Wide 9 next game and play every defender on the foul line

PhillyGirl

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20111004_Deja_two__Key_doubleplay_a_throwback.html

QuoteAs it turns out, the Matt Stairs parallels go beyond Ben Francisco's pinch-hit home run. Because the same night Stairs hit his home run in the NLCS at Dodger Stadium in 2008, Chase Utley also pulled off a spectacular, run-saving doubleplay. It was just as he did Tuesday night in the Phillies' 3-2 win over the Cardinals.

Then as now, Ryan Madson was the pitcher.

Then as now, Rafael Furcal was the runner who was out at second base.

Then as now, Utley saved a precarious situation with his glove.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

1. big ups to hamels, he had to be perfect considering what the offense was going to do and he was. aside from his vadge year of 2009 he has been big time money in playoffs.

2. lol @ ben francisco. are you kidding me. i hope thats his last hit as a phillie. of all people.

3. bridge to madson is as shaky as a muhammad ali fist pump. lidge justifiably refuses to throw his eefus pitch fastball...worley is a rookie starter trying to get spot outs...old dirty might just be shot...stutes obviously is unreliable. blanton is next in line to get chances. again hopefully the starter can go 7, then you piecemeal your way for as many outs as you can until madson.

4. and might i add madson is not exactly a game over goodnight closer. this isnt mo rivera were talkin bout.

5. agreed it should be over tomorrow. if oswalt cant outpitch edwin farging jackson then cut the cord now and head back to the plantation in mississippi.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

one batter is one better

show me a few outings in a row and ill feel confident
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.