2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Hawk on October 03, 2011, 12:04:45 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2011, 12:02:37 AM
lol @ cheering cliff lee coming off the mound

disgrace

Cheering at every pop-up is much worse.

Cholly should have had him on a short lease given the amount of hits he was giving up.

What the hell happened to this crowd at CBP?  They sound like a bunch of speds clapping and cheering at every stupid ball popped up or dribbled to short. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Hawk

Don Ho

Hamels better grow a big pair of brass balls in the next 48 hours.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Hawk

Quote from: Don Ho on October 03, 2011, 12:09:22 AM
Quote from: Hawk on October 03, 2011, 12:04:45 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2011, 12:02:37 AM
lol @ cheering cliff lee coming off the mound

disgrace

Cheering at every pop-up is much worse.

Cholly should have had him on a short lease given the amount of hits he was giving up.

What the hell happened to this crowd at CBP?  They sound like a bunch of speds clapping and cheering at every stupid ball popped up or dribbled to short.

The team got good so it became trendy to go to the ballpark.  Crabfries and status updates (Like MDS mentioned) are more important than being a knowledgable fan. 

I was grabbing a snack and thought we had a big hit tonight only to realize the crowd was orgasming over a pop-up.

Don Ho

Off to dinner.  I'm getting real drunk tonight.  farg work tomorrow.

Eagles_Legendz

LaRussa's a whiny POS, but he did what he could to get his team a W today.  Doesn't stop me from wanting to chainsaw him to death though.

Some days I wish I had no desire to live vicariously through the POS that we root for.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Pujols didn't even walk from the clubhouse to the bus, actually had to get carted over there.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

lol @ this city

people are killing manuel for leaving lee in. like he was supposed to go to noodle arm brad lidge or playoff veteran worley or out of gas old dirty.

do you people not understand how they are supposed to win. the starting pitching is lights outs. the offense puts together a few runs. if madson is needed he shuts the door.

thats it, thats the list. they win like that or its over in 3 days. they arent winning a battle of the pens and they are winning a shootout. they dont have that kind of team.

so far halladay gave up a 3 run bomb before the playoffs started but the offense managed to get it back. then the offense spots lee a 4 run lead and he gives it back.

so really the formula is 0-2 since neither pitcher truly did what they needed to do. and in game 3 cole needs to be perfect because they are not gonna touch garcia.

this could legit get real bad. and im not even sure how big the advantage is oswalt vs. edwin jackson. on paper if they can get it back to philly for game 5 (halladay vs. either lohse or carpenter again on 3 days) they should win that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2011, 02:07:00 AM
this could legit get real bad. and im not even sure how big the advantage is oswalt vs. edwin jackson. on paper if they can get it back to philly for game 5 (halladay vs. either lohse or carpenter again on 3 days) they should win that.

You are on fire tonight.  This is it, plain and simple.  Cole has to be not just good but damn good.  I'll take Halladay in a game 5 any day.

I'm still farging so pissed about what transpired earlier tonight.  Screw the Eagles and that train wreck. Cliff Lee pitched like shtein.  That's what really has me fuming. 12 hits are 12 hits.  Doesn't matter if they were little bloopers or balls that just snuck through, he got lite up.  Christ he was lucky the first two weren't in the seats.  His last three post season starts have not been very good. 

Brace yourself people because this could get ugly.

Don Ho

QuoteSince reaching the 2010 Fall Classic with the Rangers, Lee has not seen much success in the postseason. In his past three postseason starts, Lee is 0-3 with a 7.13 ERA. He went 7-0 with a 1.26 ERA in his first eight postseason starts.

Lee tied a career high with 12 hits allowed in Sunday night's 5-4 loss to the Cardinals

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2011, 02:07:00 AM
on paper if they can get it back to philly for game 5 (halladay vs. either lohse or carpenter again on 3 days) they should win that.

if it goes five carpenter would be on normal rest

i doubt the phillies have another home game this year tho

and lol @ everyone going off on the bank crowd...ive been trying to tell people this for a few years

as for lee he was not good but how about the offense shteinting the bed vs a hideous bullpen...zero runs after the second inning

post season so far progressing as expected
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Worst sports day of my lifetime.

Played golf in the morning and played like shtein.  Saw the Eagles storm out to a three td lead and then blow it.  Saw the Phils storm out to a 4 run lead with Cliff Lee pitching and they blow it.

Somebody hold me.