2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

I worry a bit about their on-again off-again offense against playoff-calibre teams. And the Phils will need Halladay-Lee-Hamels to go at least 7 every time so they don't overexpose the thin bullpen.

Madson I'm fairly confident in. Lidge I'll have to hold my breath.  I have little faith in El basticho or Stutes at this point.  Worley may be more valuable in the bullpen than he would be as the #4.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pence:
QuoteInteresting question my brother just asked....Has anyone else been on a 100 win team and 100 loss team in the same season?

Rome

BigEd76

technically he wasn't on a 100-loss team. he was on a 70-loss team.[/igy]

but for those of us that aren't anal, a couple other examples are Fred McGriff in '93 (SD to ATL), Jay Powell in '98 (FLA to HOU) and Jeff Weaver in '02 (DET to NYY)

ice grillin you

he also was only part of 34 phillie wins so he wasnt on a 100 win team either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

and technically the phillies only won 100 games because the marlins and braves let them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Technically nobody could win 100 games with one team and lose 100 games with another as there are only 162 games in a season. Who cares anyway.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 27, 2011, 11:11:33 AM
he also was only part of 34 phillie wins so he wasnt on a 100 win team either

That's about how many Astro wins he was apart of too. 

Sgt PSN

Just looked it up, and that's actually really close.

On Jul 30, the day of the trade, the Astros had won 35 games.  The Phils had won 67. 

So if the Phils finish up the season with 102 wins, then he'll have been with each team for exactly 35 wins.  FASCINATING!

Don Ho

I know it's Atlanta but can't the fans show up for the most important series of the year?  There were more people in Houston last night.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

No one really cares if the Braves make the playoffs. Whereas, there are a lot of people rooting for the Sox to complete the choke job.

Sgt PSN