2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the main reason why ive been saying this year is a must win world series or bust season...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20110909_Bill_Conlin__Getting_to_bottom_of_why_Phillies__LaMar_Chucked_it.html

"Then he dropped the hammer . . . Chuck said, 'I expect to lose top prospects the way the big club is structured right now. That's my job. Develop 'em and wave 'em goodbye. But we have been shot at and hit two straight years. It's also my job to see we draft and sign players who can sustain us at the high level we've been at during this great run. But the well is dry, gentlemen. My bonus budget this year was just $5 million. We can't compete with aggressive clubs that are spending three times that. We failed to sign a number of late-round picks with college commitments because we could not pay enough over slot. We're not even competing with the Pirates or Nationals, and in a few years the talent coming into our division is going to bite us in the butt . . . '
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

As long as they continue to sell out management will continue to invest in talent meaning they have time to develop minor league talent. It's seriously the last thing to worry about at this point and they still do have decent talent in the lower levels.

ice grillin you

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 10:15:13 PM
how did they score i missed it

Ibanez doubled to lead off the inning
Ruiz laid down a fantastic bunt down the 3rd baseline. Latroy Hawkins airmailed the throw to right field.
Ibanez scored

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 09:19:26 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2011, 09:08:54 PM
Carlos Gomez just singled in the bottom of the 7th with no one one base and you would think this farging guy just won the world series. Nice fist pump, bro.

did you see the dugout when lucoy flied OUT and no one scored...he came back and got high fives like he just drove in the potential winning run

same thing happened last night when they scored their second run the crowd and the dugout went beserk....farging happy go lucky middle americans[\quote]

lol nah I missed that one.

HowEVA I was listening to Gargano and Macnow the other day and some Brewer fan comes on the line. Somehow this guy is a fan of them but is from Philly. I didn't think that was possible, but anyways this guy says theyre going to work the Phils over because of the middle of the lineup and because the fanbase will be amped up because they haven't won since 1982.

The phillies are giving off days to everyone and this guys talking like it's October 21st. And who cites the fanbase as a reason why they would win?

ice grillin you

who cites a fanbase that you have never been a part of and live 1000 miles away from

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 10:29:32 PM
who cites a fanbase that you have never been a part of and live 1000 miles away from

yeah really - maybe he was a Lavern and Shirley fan.

BTW- your post about LaMar; the beat writers --- well at least Gelb, were vehemently denying that it was about bonus monies.

Guess they have to stay on the right side of GM Smugsalot or risk not getting quotes and access.

ice grillin you

all these pissant beat writers also hate conlin and try to make a name off him...there really is no such thing as beat writers anymore...because papers have no money they pay this trash like 18k a year to twitter....how else are they gonna make a name...it certainly isnt by breaking their own story...its gonna be by tweeting something false or going after the king

but im sure lamar just woke up that morning and felt like leaving the best team in the majors and giving up on world championship and riding in a parade because he doesnt like cheesesteaks...

Eagles_Legendz

The rumors were they were asking him to take a pay cut or that he was going to get demoted.  No clue what the real story is but it is the last thing I'm concerned about right now.  Enjoy the ride igy without looking 8 yrs into the future.

MDS

gelb is a pup and obviously a cost cutting move by the inqy, same with fonzi at the DN

but zolecki, salisbury are legit beat guys who make a good living and know their shtein. stark nationally is inside the circle, too.

and my goodness is igy inching toward angry old man rome territory with twitter. theres of course a lot of shtein on there but its a decent way to pump out little bits of info so long as the source its coming from is legit. for example i used twitter to show a pic of a new scoreboard for one of the teams i cover when i was out there early in the week. its a minor thing thats not worth article space but the fans of that school liked seeing the scoreboard before the first game last friday.

its for that kind of shtein.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

actually im looking one month into the future...win the world series or i committ suicide....you guys enjoy beating yunel bettancourt in september and then saying go get em next year boys....all you might as well move to milwaukee

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 10:38:14 PM
all these pissant beat writers also hate conlin and try to make a name off him...there really is no such thing as beat writers anymore...because papers have no money they pay this trash like 18k a year to twitter....how else are they gonna make a name...it certainly isnt by breaking their own story...its gonna be by tweeting something false or going after the king

but im sure lamar just woke up that morning and felt like leaving the best team in the majors and giving up on world championship and riding in a parade because he doesnt like cheesesteaks...

I wonder how much they pay the beat writers?

Todd- any idea?

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2011, 10:45:15 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 10:38:14 PM

I wonder how much they pay the beat writers?

Todd- any idea?

95% of beat writers these days are one bad break away from covering girls high school soccer in brownsville texas....it why on the surface youd think the lil guys choice of career would be a joke since hes half illiterate but in reality he has a chance because if the price is right they will higher a labradoodle to cover a team these days

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 10:45:09 PM
actually im looking one month into the future...win the world series or i committ suicide....you guys enjoy beating yunel bettancourt in september and then saying go get em next year boys....all you might as well move to milwaukee

Who is saying anything less than a WS is acceptable?   They're doing all they can right now.  Obviously have to take care of business in October but there's no reason to get angry about shtein right now.