2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

it was more of a shot at you, as in one of us actually watches it while the other looks at box scores and concocts scenarios of how the braves are going to win the nl east
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The more this team wins the more you knuckleheads argue over them.

Awesome.

Geowhizzer

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 10, 2011, 07:04:03 PM
Halladay sucks.  After all, he gave up a run last night.

He had a good outing last night. His last month was a bit worrisome. He wasn't locating his pitches and looked fatigued on the mound.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD on September 10, 2011, 07:07:27 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 10, 2011, 07:04:03 PM
Halladay sucks.  After all, he gave up a run last night.

He had a good outing last night. His last month was a bit worrisome. He wasn't locating his pitches and looked fatigued on the mound.

Yeah, that 2.62 ERA in the last month was troubling to me, too!  ;D

I know what you mean, though.  He has struggled with some control issues (for Halladay, anyway).  The giving up of the game in the 9th made things look worse than it really was.

Hopefully once the Phils clinch home field, Cholly gives these guys something of a blow before the playoffs.  Maybe only pitching 7 innings rather than 9.  :D

Geowhizzer

MDS

its honestly hysterical

like they are so good its just kind of ridiculous
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Chooch just got trucked. Props for popping right back up like it was nothing.

MDS

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD on September 10, 2011, 07:34:10 PM
Chooch just got trucked. Props for popping right back up like it was nothing.

Hopefully McGehee gets buzzed the next time he bats.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2011, 07:36:35 PM
totally clean play

mcgehee should get one in his face anyway

Yeah, it was clean.  Still want him buzzed.

ice grillin you

i just saw the replay....he should be more than buzzed he should be hit in the face....he clearly was trying to take him out of a potential playoff matchup....and his hulk hogan roar after doing it was worse than the hit itself.....farg that ahole
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

anyone wondering what it would be like to not have ryan howard in the middle of the order is getting their preview tonight

and the verdict is in

ryan howard is pretty good. worth $25 mil? farg no. but still pretty damn good.

PhillyPhreak54

Carlos Gomez just singled in the bottom of the 7th with no one one base and you would think this farging guy just won the world series. Nice fist pump, bro.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2011, 09:08:54 PM
Carlos Gomez just singled in the bottom of the 7th with no one one base and you would think this farging guy just won the world series. Nice fist pump, bro.

did you see the dugout when lucoy flied OUT and no one scored...he came back and got high fives like he just drove in the potential winning run

same thing happened last night when they scored their second run the crowd and the dugout went beserk....farging happy go lucky middle americans
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous