2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Rome

ice grillin you

so they flash the number that shows the phillies leading the league in avg with 2 out and risp

and mcarthy stutters...so....there you go folks...that....is....why....the phillies lead the league in runs scored with two out and risp
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2011, 09:00:36 PM
so they flash the number that shows the phillies leading the league in avg with 2 out and risp

and mcarthy stutters...so....there you go folks...that....is....why....the phillies lead the league in runs scored with two out and risp

Yeah, I heard that.  Just terrible.

And Marcum can't stop the Chooch.  Of course, with Valdez up and two out, he probably doesn't care.

The good news about there being two out is that Valdez can't hit into a double play.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 09, 2011, 09:02:35 PM

And Marcum can't stop the Chooch.  Of course, with Valdez up and two out, he probably doesn't care.

The good news about there being two out is that Valdez can't hit into a double play.

Valdez is (or was) batting well over .400 with 2 out risp heading into the start of the game.  Not sure what it is now that he's 0-2 today.

Don Ho

Wheels doesn't have a favorite Super Hero?  Get with it dude.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

LOL....he said it was Ashburn.  Meanwhile, Harry turns over in his grave.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 09, 2011, 09:05:04 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 09, 2011, 09:02:35 PM

Valdez is (or was) batting well over .400 with 2 out risp heading into the start of the game.  Not sure what it is now that he's 0-2 today.

hes also batting like .315 since jimmy went on the DL and i dont know exactly what his slugging has been but i bet its upwards of .550

both him and martinez have pedestrian numers overall but hen filling in for an injured player versus spot starting they are much better as youd expect when a player gets consistent ab's...martinez is hitting like .210 but hit .268 when he filled in for polly

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

wow the very next pitch after he loads the bases with one out on a hard liner halladay gets the dp.   if the phils manage to score here that's gotta be deflating.

ice grillin you

marcum is the worst SP in the majors to watch....takes so long btwn pitches....just throw the ball douche

Don Ho

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2011, 09:30:24 PM
marcum is the worst SP in the majors to watch....takes so long btwn pitches....just throw the ball douche

Who was the guy on the Mets that used to do that? I hate pitchers like this.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen