2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Sgt PSN

Nice job taking the time to get the call right.  How the hell did the 1st base ump not realize that was a short hop?

Sgt PSN

Wow.....Grit just got plunked on the head and it didn't seem to phase him at all.  GRIT!

Too bad choke will probably k here. 

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 07, 2011, 09:02:45 PM
Nice job taking the time to get the call right.  How the hell did the 1st base ump not realize that was a short hop?

because its cb bucknor and hes a terrible umpire
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 07, 2011, 09:08:56 PM
Wow.....Grit just got plunked on the head and it didn't seem to phase him at all.  GRIT!

Too bad choke will probably k here.

LBIggle

for a guy that has like half of one of his feet outside of the batters box, howard sure gets beat inside an awful lot.

would've like chase to swing away there instead of gritting out a fastball to the dome.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on September 07, 2011, 09:09:37 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 07, 2011, 09:02:45 PM

because its cb bucknor and hes a terrible umpire

Wow...even the crew calling the game agrees. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wow, it's bad when the ESPN commentator even says, "He's just not a very good umpire." Damn.

Sgt PSN

I've heard commentators criticize an official for making a bad call or even if he's been bad during the course of a game, but I don't think i've ever heard them flat out say that an ump/ref is simply bad. 

Sgt PSN

Is it just me or is Pence's throwing motion kind of girly?  He's got a decent arm, but he def looks a little effeminate with his wind up.  Whenever I see him throw I fully expect the ball to land about 3 feet in front of him. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

He looks weird and awkward all the time, at the plate and in the field. It's part of his GRITty charm.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 07, 2011, 09:17:14 PM
I've heard commentators criticize an official for making a bad call or even if he's been bad during the course of a game, but I don't think i've ever heard them flat out say that an ump/ref is simply bad.

hes horrendous and its not even hyperbole

alfonso marquez looks like a golden god next to cb
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Don Ho

How'd the bums draw Joe "Fred Flinstone" West and this tool in back to back series? 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.