2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on September 02, 2011, 08:53:10 PM
Well there was a lot of talk about him changing his stance while in the minors wasn't there?

Yeah, I think I remember hearing something about that.

Walking Chooch intentionally.  Time for Valdez to make them pay!

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 02, 2011, 08:52:06 PM
Quote from: SD on September 02, 2011, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 02, 2011, 08:26:47 PM
More MAAAyberry magic.

250+ less at bats, 3 less HRs and 7 less RBIs then Werth. Much higher BA too.

Not sure if something finally clicked this year of if he'll be a one-year wonder, but he's been a nice addition this year.

I'm fine with starting him in LF next season. At worst he gives the Phillies 15 HRs/70 RBIs/.265 BA. I can live with those numbers at the bottom of the order.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Not exactly dominating, but glad to see Oswalt pick up the win.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 02, 2011, 10:25:18 PM
Not exactly dominating, but glad to see Oswalt pick up the win.

Didn't see the game but looking at the box score, it looks like he was a little Jeckyl and Hyde. 

7 k's in 6.1 IP, but also gave up 8 hits.  Only 1 walk though, so he was obviously pounding the strike zone.  But the 8 hits would indicate that he either wasn't locating his pitches or didn't have consistant movement on them. 

Eagles_Legendz

Struggled early, sort of settled in late.  He is still getting hit too hard.  Not sure to expect much more the rest of the year.

MDS

Quote from: SD on September 02, 2011, 09:16:33 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 02, 2011, 08:52:06 PM
Quote from: SD on September 02, 2011, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 02, 2011, 08:26:47 PM
More MAAAyberry magic.

250+ less at bats, 3 less HRs and 7 less RBIs then Werth. Much higher BA too.

Not sure if something finally clicked this year of if he'll be a one-year wonder, but he's been a nice addition this year.

I'm fine with starting him in LF next season. At worst he gives the Phillies 15 HRs/70 RBIs/.265 BA. I can live with those numbers at the bottom of the order.

Hes going to platoon, I suppose, with Brown. And those are mediocre numbers for corner OF.

But next year is farg it who cares. Right now he's in a straight platoon with Raul and it ought to stay that way.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Not every position player can be an all star and he comes cheap. Some guys just blossom late.

Munson

I think he puts 20-25 out of the park if he bats .265 next year, as long as the power he's showing right now isn't a fluke
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Trade Howard and his horrendous contract and put Mayberry at first.

The end.

Geowhizzer

Without Howard, this team doesn't win 88 games before Labor Day.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 03, 2011, 11:43:22 AM
Schwimer called back up, Kendrick on paternity leave.

Doesn't Kendrick's wife know that the Braves be creepin'?