2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

The Indians got the waiver claim on Thome but Rosenthal says his preference is to come back here instead.  So we have the Indians and Phillies competing for Thome's services, and the Marlins are in town during a hurricane.  Ah memories...

MDS

the only way he can come back is for him to be given his unconditional release...correct? which means the twins get nothing for him.

and i remember that hurricane game, 2003 i believe. thome with the 8th inning shot and rheal cormier with the save. remember when we all thought they could make the playoffs with rheal cormier as the closer? that actually happened.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Yup, and he can block a move to any team, but if he does, he forfeits his salary for the rest of the year (about $500K).  Also you'd have to deal with the rest of the teams getting pissed off and complaining to Bud.  As for the Twins getting nothing, the Phils could probably work out some separate deal.  Give em Kendrick for $1 or something after the season ends...

btw Sunday's game was moved to Saturday 1PM, so it'll be a day-night DH with Halladay and Lee.  Eat it Marlins

Munson

What right do other teams have to be pissed off? Thome has a no-trade clause, and he knows where he wants to go. It's not as if the Phillies are tampering. It's all on Thome and he's playing by the rules to do whatever the farg he wants
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 25, 2011, 02:34:45 PM
Yup, and he can block a move to any team, but if he does, he forfeits his salary for the rest of the year (about $500K).  Also you'd have to deal with the rest of the teams getting pissed off and complaining to Bud.  As for the Twins getting nothing, the Phils could probably work out some separate deal.  Give em Kendrick for $1 or something after the season ends...

btw Sunday's game was moved to Saturday 1PM, so it'll be a day-night DH with Halladay and Lee.  Eat it Marlins

like rube cares about that. only nugget is this needs to be done by sept 1 deadline.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

charlie

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 25, 2011, 02:34:45 PM

so let MLB change the rules and amaro will still get whoever the farg he wants.

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteMore trouble for Lenny Dykstra -- this time the troubled baseball great has been charged with indecent exposure for allegedly whipping out his dong for women he met on Craigslist.

According to the L.A. City Attorney, Lenny allegedly went to Craigslist and posted ads for a personal assistant or housekeeping services ... but when the women arrived, Dykstra would "inform the women that the job also required them to give a massage and would expose himself to them."

Officials say Dykstra pulled the XXX bait and switch at least 6 times.

If convicted, Dykstra -- who's already in custody in L.A. on a MYRIAD of federal and state charges for allegedly doing all sorts of other bad stuff -- could face even more jail time.

An arraignment is scheduled for September 7.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on August 25, 2011, 07:11:47 PM
well hes going back to cleveland

so whos next on the list

I haven't seen anything that says it is a done deal. 

SD

MDS

ya happy now ya bitch

QuoteBuster_ESPN Buster Olney
Jim Thome has accepted a deal to the Indians.

MDS

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome