2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Good thing I was in the car dropping junior off at the beach when I was "informed" of what happened in the bottom of the tenth by my buddy.  I may go back and drown some body boarders.  Oh farg.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they have the most wins in baseball

but one bad weekend for the bullpen and i guess thats the end of it, huh?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

what excuse are you gonna use when they dont win the world series

Munson

Boston dropped 2/3 to Seattle last weekend, but Philly drops 2/3 to the Nats and they are no longer a powerhouse. :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 21, 2011, 06:49:48 PM
what excuse are you gonna use when they dont win the world series

lol...such a reactionary drama queen

i told you a million times there are no excuses. if they win they are kings and legends. if they lose they are chokers and a massive donovan mcnabb-level disappointment.

but they physically cannot do anything good or bad for another month and a half so can you at least stop pouting like you just got benched in baltimore and are wearing a parka in 60 degree weather.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don Ho

My buddy who is a huge Red Sox fan from Boston not bandwagoner, is still fuming about them losing three straight series to San Diego, Pittsburgh and the bums in July.  shtein happens. 

Total fluke today.  Schwimmer gives up the bomb than looks awesome the rest of the way, Bastatrdo was a farging beast until his boner.  Lidge, what did you expect.

ice grillin you

if the phils lose it has to be a fluke....no way the greatest team ever assembled could just be beaten

MDS

its very possible

but only realistic route is the giants or red sox

Eagles_Legendz

lol @ getting worked up one way or the other about any one game at this point.  Nothing matters between now and October.  Lidge sucks, we knew that.  basticho is awesome.  One pitch doesn't change that.  Bullpen can be a liability.  BREAKING NEWS.

I understand being reactionary igy and you like to play the contrarian, but you take it to amazing heights in this thread.  Yes people are homers.  No this series didn't matter one bit.  You would be the first to jump down someone's throat if they were pumping their chest at the Phillies sweeping this weekend when it didn't matter, and yet you seem to care that they lost 2 out of 3.  It doesn't matter.  At all.

Munson

Like I said, boston lost 2/3 to farging Seattle lats weekend and they are still the juggernaut that will destroy the Phillies in the WS....where as the Phillies are toast after losing 2/3 to the Nats.

It's flawless logic!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

If the Phils were a complete team, like the Bravos, these kinds of breakdowns wouldn't happen.

Geowhizzer

I actually didn't think that basticho's pitch was that bad.  Desmond just went and got it.

Lidge on the other hand...  :boom