2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Lmao yes, suddenly now everyone will feel completely confident against roy halladay going into the 9th inning pitching a 5 hit, 1 run game. idiotm
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 17, 2011, 07:24:50 AM
Quote from: MDS on August 16, 2011, 11:42:11 PM
what the farg is the difference? bottom of the 8th, top of the 9th? its a late inning lead he gave away.

cliff lee blew up in the 8th @ toronto this year and he seems to still be cliff lee.

my point is everyone, especially igy aka gloria gaynor, needs to calm the farg down. you will not remember this game in 2 days. i promise you.

ask the diamondbacks what the difference is

cliff lee was never thought of as a machine like halladay was...cliff lee is a nice pitcher roy halladay is talked about as not human....now he is

no one is saying he wont pitch well the rest of the year but he doesnt have that extra psychological advantage he did before last night...guarantee halladay does not win more games in the playoffs than he loses

yea i know what youre going for and its not going to work

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

BigEd76

QuoteHunterPence3
Just set off the fire alarm at my building cooking some bacon...woops

QuoteHunterPence3
The bacon was not burned! It was delicious, thanks.

whew...the bacon was saved

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Quote from: LBIggle on August 16, 2011, 09:45:48 PM
like how many middle-in fastballs did you morons want.  this is totally on the offense.

Missed the game but fast forwarded through the game this morning.  Absolutely on the offense.  Doc probably should have been pulled after Upton's hit.

For what it's worth.  Comparing the Phils to the Red Sox.  Bums are 23-23 against teams with a winning record. Red Sox are 48-34.  Obviously the Red Sox have three opponents in their own division over .500 (NYY/Rays/Blue Jays) who they are 23-11 against. 6 teams in the NL with a winning record.  9 in the AL.  Phils are 6-3 against Texas/Boston/Toronto.  Phillies are the only NL team with a winning record the Red Sox played.

Just some junk to ponder. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

ill be the first to crush the offense if warranted....but last night was not on the offense...up 3-2 in the 9th either your cyborg ace pitcher or your closer has to lock it down....one of them failed massively

ive been saying all year how the phillies are just average against the other good teams

also why does it matter how many good teams the red sox have played...if anything that gives them an advantage of being battle tested...to be fair tho the red sox are clearly a better team...id be more interested to see who in the NL is above .500 against winning teams....cant imagine that there are any teams that are that much better than the phillies
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

to answer my own question the braves and giants are both five games over .500 vs winning teams

they are the only teams in the NL +.500 against such teams

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, they are the teams to beat in the NL.
The Giants may not even make the playoffs.
The Braves would have to get through a tough NLDS to face the Phils.
Phils are then a lock to at least reach the NLCS, and if they don't face the Braves, they'll win and get to the World Series.
Which they would win against any team except the Red Sox.

Do I have this straight?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I just hope that Cholly is able to set the playoff rotation so that Halladay only has to make 1 start per series.  Can't have that weak link out there starting 2 games.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 17, 2011, 03:12:18 PM
Phils are then a lock to at least reach the NLCS, and if they don't face the Braves, they'll win and get to the World Series.

Do I have this straight?

stop being a douchey homer

they could easily beat the red sox......the best team doesnt always win...but right now the red sox would be a favorite to win in six

and no i didnt say the giants or braves were the teams to beat in the nl...thats the phillies but its essentially a toss up btwn any number of teams in that league (just like last year)

why am i discussing baseball with you again?

phattymatty

Quote"...bench coach Pete Mackanin reports, after a week of watching Pence's ferocious hacks at the plate, he kiddingly told Pence he should try blooping in a hit once in a while. To which Pence replied: "Pete, I don't do that. I melt faces."

This dude seems pretty awesome so far.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 17, 2011, 03:38:18 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on August 17, 2011, 03:12:18 PM

Do I have this straight?

stop being a douchey homer

they could easily beat the red sox......the best team doesnt always win...but right now the red sox would be a favorite to win in six

and no i didnt say the giants or braves were the teams to beat in the nl...thats the phillies but its essentially a toss up btwn any number of teams in that league (just like last year)

why am i discussing baseball with you again?

playoffs have been and will always be a toss up

mlb could get sox/phils like everyone thought or it could easily be angels/dbacks and 0 people would watch or care

which is why you need to enjoy the regular season and then turn it on in the playoffs. cause what happens now means dick once the sprint of october starts.