2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Polanco back to the DL.....6'8" righty reliever Michael Schwimer will be called up

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 16, 2011, 10:33:55 PM
so the seasons over because his aura is gone....hardly....it makes it tougher....he will still be a really good pitcher but he wont intimidate or have other people in awe anymore

You should probably stop posting in this thread. 

I get your point, and it makes sense to a certain degree because blah blah blah, Doc's not invincible in the 9th, blah blah blah.  But you're being your over zealous self as usual. 

In sports, no one is "perfect" and all streaks eventually come to an end.  For the last 10 years, Albert Pujols has been the best hitter in baseball.  He has a .328 career avg which means that 67.2% of the time he steps to the plate he records an out.  67% of the time Pujols does not get a hit and yet pitchers are still scared of him.  They still pitch around him and they don't want to challenge him.  So if someone who fails 67% of the time still scares the living shtein out of pitchers, do you really think that Doc's 99.9% success rate in the 9th inning of games which he has the lead suddenly has batters salivating at the opportunity to face him with the game on the line?  Uh, no....they still would rather face damn near anyone else in the league except him. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on August 16, 2011, 10:38:31 PM
Lol wow what an over reaction. Even for you.

I didn't get to see this game, but its not the first time halladay has blown a game. Infact its not even the first this year.

You guys need to develop other hobbies. Until October that is.

They're saying it's the first time in Doc's career that he's blown a lead in the 9th inning, you farging putz. 

MDS

depends how you define "blown"

may 10 @ fla gives up a run in the 8th to lose 2-1
may 15 @ lurkins gives up a run in the 8th to lose 3-2
last year in june @ cin gives up a 2 run homer in the 8th to lose 4-3

so yea its happened before and itll happen again. mariano rivera blew 2 crucial saves (gm 7 2001 ws and gm 4 2004 alcs) and hes still marino rivera.

roy halladay blows a game in august to the daimondbacks and hes no longer roy halladay. ok.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 16, 2011, 11:08:22 PM
They're saying it's the first time in Doc's career that he's blown a lead in the 9th inning, you farging putz. 

Quote from: MDS on August 16, 2011, 11:24:40 PM
depends how you define "blown"

may 10 @ fla gives up a run in the 8th to lose 2-1
may 15 @ lurkins gives up a run in the 8th to lose 3-2
last year in june @ cin gives up a 2 run homer in the 8th to lose 4-3

so yea its happened before and itll happen again. mariano rivera blew 2 crucial saves (gm 7 2001 ws and gm 4 2004 alcs) and hes still marino rivera.

roy halladay blows a game in august to the daimondbacks and hes no longer roy halladay. ok.

You're really not this dumb, are you?  Don't answer that.

But yes, Havas is blowing this way out of proportion as usual.  Doc will be fine. 

MDS

what the farg is the difference? bottom of the 8th, top of the 9th? its a late inning lead he gave away.

cliff lee blew up in the 8th @ toronto this year and he seems to still be cliff lee.

my point is everyone, especially igy aka gloria gaynor, needs to calm the farg down. you will not remember this game in 2 days. i promise you.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Wrong MDS, both of their auras are gone.  Hopefully Worley's aura is in tact.

MDS

he then becomes the first player in mlb history to lose his aurora to lyle overbay in august

Sgt PSN

I find it interesting that of all the disco queens you could have referenced you go with Gloria Gaynor. 

Did Havas do you wrong?  Did you grow strong?  Do you know how to get along? 

MDS

were best buddies though def. some animosity over my impending fantasy cockblock of the last playoff spot

as for the gloria gaynor thing i have no idea why but thats his girl

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 16, 2011, 11:52:59 PM
as for the gloria gaynor thing i have no idea why but thats his girl

wow you are really sloooooooooooow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipYumBz9k4

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 16, 2011, 11:42:11 PM
what the farg is the difference? bottom of the 8th, top of the 9th? its a late inning lead he gave away.

cliff lee blew up in the 8th @ toronto this year and he seems to still be cliff lee.

my point is everyone, especially igy aka gloria gaynor, needs to calm the farg down. you will not remember this game in 2 days. i promise you.

ask the diamondbacks what the difference is

cliff lee was never thought of as a machine like halladay was...cliff lee is a nice pitcher roy halladay is talked about as not human....now he is

no one is saying he wont pitch well the rest of the year but he doesnt have that extra psychological advantage he did before last night...guarantee halladay does not win more games in the playoffs than he loses
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous