2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 30, 2011, 08:22:26 AM
I tried to think of a 24-hour period that was crazier in Philly sports history and came up with bupkiss.

the most recent...

2008 at the sports complex

1pm eagles beat the falcons
8pm phillies pound tampa to get to within one game of a ws title

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I guess I meant more unexpected.  I figured the Phillies might get Pence but the Eagles getting Nnamdi was a Cliff Lee haymaker.  Add the two of them together and it was like whoa...

PhillyGirl

Some more comes out:

From Buster Olney:

QuoteA strong belief in the ATL org that package they offered for Pence was markedly better than deal HOU made with Phila

From Jim Salisbury:

QuoteWow. Deal gets better. Houston Chronicle reports that Phils got 2 mill from Astros. Means Phils paying about a quarter mill for Pence
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote"It's thrilling. I'm joining the team that's got the best record in all of baseball. Ya know, what can I say? You never know what you're going to get when you play in that ballpark. Every time I've gone there, I've loved it. The Phanatic's unbelieveable. The fans, they know baseball, they're crazy, they throw hot dogs at you. You never know what's going to happen and frigging Roy Oswalt might be in left field. So, it's been a lot of fun."

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

The only thing hurting him is that the tween girls might not find him as dreamy as Chase.

Sgt PSN

Rome

Is it just me or is it like we've entered some sort of Twilight Zone episode where our professional teams are, for the most part, the premier destination for players these days?

When the hell did this happen?

ice grillin you

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 02:50:05 PM
phillies and flyers are

eagles have to outbid to get people

You think they outbid for Nnamdi? Sounds to me like he was going to be getting as much, if not more, from the other teams bidding.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 30, 2011, 02:51:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 02:50:05 PM
phillies and flyers are

eagles have to outbid to get people

You think they outbid for Nnamdi? Sounds to me like he was going to be getting as much, if not more, from the other teams bidding.

well they had to outbid the jets as thats where he really wanted to go....and i read last night they blew dallas' bid out of the water

theres only a few teams in the nfl where players actively want to go other than that its the highest bidder

Rome

I'm certain other teams offered more.  He wanted to come to Philly, period.  So did Babin & Vince Young, for that matter.

PoopyfaceMcGee