2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 25, 2011, 05:10:18 PM
Rosenthal says they're interested in Jason Giambi as LH PH and World Series DH

for sentimental purposes i was hoping for thome but the giambino will do
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Sadly, Thome's had some pretty severe back issues this season.  Otherwise, I agree wholeheartedly.

PhillyPhreak54

As Jerry Crasnick points out - if the Twins lose tonight (down 6-0) they will be 47-55; should they be thinking of dealing Cuddyer?

If so he would be my #1 choice.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 25, 2011, 08:58:11 PM
As Jerry Crasnick points out - if the Twins lose tonight (down 6-0) they will be 47-55; should they be thinking of dealing Cuddyer?

Right now, they're only 1.5 games further out of first in their division than igy's 2011 World Champion Atlanta Braves, so I don't know if they pack it in or not.  They need pitching awfully badly, though.  Worley might be their #2.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Cuddyer pitching for the Twins now - watch out Wilson Valdez

BigEd76

Halladay vs the Halladay wannabe (Charlie Morton) Friday night on MLBN

btw all 3 games of the SF series are national (MLBN/ESPN/MLBN)

Don Ho

Swell.  As mentioned earlier we are farged as all Giants games except ESPN, FOX and playoffs are blacked out here.  Another Time Warner issue.  shtein! 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 25, 2011, 11:27:49 PM
btw all 3 games of the SF series are national

Looks like I picked the wrong week to visit PA.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 25, 2011, 09:42:17 PM

Right now, they're only 1.5 games further out of first in their division than igy's 2011 World Champion Atlanta Braves, so I don't know if they pack it in or not.

holy crap thats one of the all time most horrible comparisons

twins are -7 in the playoff race braves are +3.5

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 26, 2011, 07:31:22 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 25, 2011, 09:42:17 PM

Right now, they're only 1.5 games further out of first in their division than igy's 2011 World Champion Atlanta Braves, so I don't know if they pack it in or not.

holy crap thats one of the all time most horrible comparisons

twins are -7 in the playoff race braves are +3.5

Don't read your own stuff much, do you?

Point is:  There could be a reasonable expectation that the Twins could jump back into a weak AL Central race, and therefore they may not be hosting a fire sale for Michael Cuddyer.

Maybe they should be, because their pitching staff is horrendous:  Carl Pavano, Nick Blackburn, Scott Baker, Brian Duensing, Francisco Liriano.  Baker's been good - the rest are varying degrees of suckitude.  And their bullpen has been worse.

But the Twins may also be trying to keep Cuddyer long term.  He's a good (not great) player and once of the real "good guys," so they may be trying to re-sign him.

ice grillin you

saying the twins have a chance at the playoffs is one thing....trying to highlite that point by saying they are divisonally in the same spot as the braves makes little sense

Rome

Minnesota is seven out and the Braves are six out.

How does that make little sense?

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee