2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

A quick 2012 schedule note: the Sox are coming to CBP (again) the weekend of May 18-20.  Since it'll be East-vs-East again, the Phils will likely visit Baltimore...

ice grillin you

nothing better than phils games in baltimore...its been way to long
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Who is Steve Singleton and should I care if the Phils picked him up?

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 21, 2011, 07:40:30 AM

When was the last time the bums played in Baltimore?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 21, 2011, 07:40:30 AM

It's early but let me know if you get a game going for Camden Yards. Definitely one of the best parks I've ever visited.

BigEd76

Aaron Heilman signed with the Phils after he was released by the DBacks.  He'll be in LV

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 21, 2011, 05:19:15 PM
Who is Steve Singleton and should I care if the Phils picked him up?

Twins farmhand - released from the Minnesota organization supposedly for "off the field issues."  Plays mostly 2B.

Six season in the minors - parts of the last two seasons in AAA.  .282/.329/.418 minor league totals.

Honestly, don't see much upside.  Not much power, not much speed (top of 8 stolen bases in any season).  Probably just a recycling of minor league fodder.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 21, 2011, 06:36:16 PM
Aaron Heilman signed with the Phils after he was released by the DBacks.  He'll be in LV

He's Herndon. Basically same type of slop.

PhillyPhreak54

And lets hope that farging arsonist stays there

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 21, 2011, 07:48:00 PM

He's Herndon. Basically same type of slop.

lol, the Phils lit him up like fireworks in every game it feels like
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

cubs putting soriano out there, even saying they would eat most of his salary.

NO.

marlon byrd also on the block. due just 6.5 million next year as the last year of a 3 year deal. wouldnt take much. wouldnt cost much. got hit in the face. still is pretty good. IN if other options like pence dont pan out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Byrd doesn't really give the Phils anything they need (in terms of power and drving in runs).  He's a downgrade of Victorino.

Munson

So the Padres called up Souderton PA's own Kyle Blanks to play against the Phils this weekend. Dude's 6'6 270 :o
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 22, 2011, 12:04:50 AM
Byrd doesn't really give the Phils anything they need (in terms of power and drving in runs).  He's a downgrade of Victorino.

i cant really argue with that. but hes an upgrade over ibanez and is as good as a player as theyre going to find for LF next year. its not option A or even option D but if they can not give up worley, singleton, cosart, etc. and upgrade corner OF then it's a good thing.

plus i just like the dude. sexually, sure. go for it. go there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.