2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 19, 2011, 07:43:15 PM
Would you trade HOF Brown in a deal for Beltran?

id trade him for matt kemp, not beltran

beltran is one and done here probably
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Jesus Christ no.  Beltran's a goddamn loser and Dom Brown is the future of this team.  If they trade him Brown will spend the next 10 years making them pay for a two month rental.

SD

Quote from: MDS on July 19, 2011, 07:48:23 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 19, 2011, 07:43:15 PM
Would you trade HOF Brown in a deal for Beltran?

id trade him for matt kemp, not beltran

beltran is one and done here probably

Todd is on point today

PhillyPhreak54

I would not deal him either; but Heyman seems to indicate that the Mets would ask for HOF in a Beltran deal.

Rome

Of course they're going to ask.  The Mets could ask for Roy Halladay & Lee while they're at it because SMUG ain't giving up Brown for Beltran or anyone else worth a damn.

MDS

weve seen brown and my pants arent wet

meanwhile my pants would get for 28 year old in his prime cold as ice matt kemp
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

lets all blame the all star game before lee, hamels and halladay not having it this week

Don Ho

At least Lee doesn't look like he's about to pass out.  This is probably considered a nice, comfortable, cool day back in Arkansas.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on July 19, 2011, 08:51:43 PM
lets all blame the all star game before lee, hamels and halladay not having it this week

They probably tag-teamed Kate Upton.

Don Ho

Nice recovery.  Time to get to Garza.  Patience, patience.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

they need bullpen help more than a bat...they are living or dying with their pitching...no single bat they can legitimately acquire would be the difference btwn a world series or not...and theres just no way you can rely on stutes odb and madson in big playoff games...none of the three has ever closed in that kind of enviroment...we know madson is the closer and theres nothing you can do about that but at least hes the veteran and the most dependable...im positive mike stutes should not pitch in the playoffs this year other than mop up duty or extra innings....and while i feel much better about him than stutes im not sure what im gonna get from the odb in big post season spots either....so what you do is acquire mike adams who has other worldly numbers and give him the 8th inning/plan b closer spot

at this point you pray that the top three starters go at least seven every game with the lead and then its lights out in eight and nine....the point being if lee hamels and halladay arent all basically perfect in the post season you are not winning anyway because the offense is going to be shut down when facing good pitching every night....and certainly jeff francouer is not going to be able to overcome sub par starts by H-L-H and by himself elevate the offense to the point that its gonna win games for you

Quote from: MDS on July 19, 2011, 08:51:43 PM

nicole is terrified of ny
phifer is pitching fine
halladay has always been average in hot weather
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous