2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Cole getting x-rays on hand after being hit by ball. Non pitching hand.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

Injury to the non-pitching hand and they take him out? Jim Abbott pitched with one hand for crying out loud.

SD

PoopyfaceMcGee

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

I'm assuming Cole wanted to stay in and they took him out, which is BS. Let the dude pitch.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Just when Herndon started to fool us that he was getting it together. 

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Because a guy can't have a bad outing?

Jesus Christ you guys are ridiculous
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

charlie

smeags

so wait, nobody can say anything negative when a player doesn't perform well ? and no i don't mean at a jay level.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

What's worse: The 'ill' shirt of the 'fly' shirt. I'm gonna go with the 'ill' shirt.

charlie

Quote from: smeags on June 30, 2011, 02:43:39 PM
so wait, nobody can say anything negative when a player doesn't perform well ? and no i don't mean at a jay level.

Only if it's kyle kendrick

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 30, 2011, 02:33:51 PM
Because a guy can't have a bad outing?

Jesus Christ you guys are ridiculous

Herndon has never been and will never be anything more than a very borderline AAA middle reliever. Every reliever can get lucky in small stretches, but Herndon sucks. Every time he's out there, I assume runs are going on the board.

PhillyGirl

Don Ho

Quote from: smeags on June 30, 2011, 02:43:39 PM

NEVER!  EVER!

I think we can all agree this is David Herndon.  We get him or we get Baez.  They both stink. Baez on a much more epic level of course. In Herndon's defense I don't think he was ready nor would anyone be expecting to be put in, in a 0-0 game with your starter only having given up 2 hits after four innings. It is what it is. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.