2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Doc was pretty good today.  Not dominating but pretty overwhelming nonetheless.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Wait so if they take 2/3 from the sox but only score 5 runs in the series will that still be good?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

This doesn't have anything to do with the Phils but are the Pirates the most surprising team in the league this year?

I honestly hadn't been paying attention to them at all but going over the standings today I noticed they're two games over .500.  Between them and the Nats playing over their heads, it's been an interesting half season so far.

And PISS on Boston.

Sgt PSN

They're only 1 game over now after losing to Boston today.  But they did take 2 out of 3 from them. 

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on June 26, 2011, 08:57:55 PM
Wait so if they take 2/3 from the sox but only score 5 runs in the series will that still be good?

I was at a graduation party tonight with a buddy of mine who is a huge Red Sox fan (raised in Medford, MA so he's real).  I did my usual bitch and moan session about the bums until he went off on the Bosox and how bad their pitching is and they won't continue to score runs like they did last week.  Frickin guy sounded like a few of us on this board.

I'll be ecstatic if the Phils win 2 of 3.  Like their chances with Lee and Hamels.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 26, 2011, 08:23:35 PM
the south dont get nuggets like that do they?

This is irony at it's finest. You now have to retake Puns 101 from Professor Rome.

Rome

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty