2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 19, 2011, 08:01:36 AM
IGY, your logic makes ZERO sense. I am pretty sure I'm older than you. I'm also pretty sure I have been watching/following Phils baseball since I was 2-3 years old with my dad when he started taking me to games. I started understanding it around 5-6 when my godfather (who was my dad's biz partner and an ex-college player) started teaching me baseball.

I've lived through the shtein too yet I don't even come close to being where you are (or Jay for that matter) where every small slump, every mistake, every bad game = end of the season and no chance to win a WS. I'm not a homer in the least, but I know what we have here and appreciate it because it is rare and amazing and if you can't stop and enjoy it, you're an idiot. Or you're just an attention whore who wants to whine and bitch like a PMSed out chick because the team lost a game or 2 in a row.

It's BECAUSE of the terrible seasons we've had to watch in the past that puts me in this mindset.

first of all no one is saying they wont win the world series because of a game or slump in june...i dont think they will win the world series because i dont think they are the best team in the majors

theres nothing rare or amazing about what the phillies are doing right now...win a second title and they are in that conversation..otherwise what are they doing thats so incredible..its enjoyable and i love that they are good instead of bad but if they dont win a second world series with this group then its utter failure...its not well golly gee they gave me so many good times...remember those nights hangin out in ashburn alley eating a schmitter...ahhhh the golden years....

farg that shtein

and at 5 or 6 the extent of baseball you knew was not hitting the ball off a tee anymore...you knew jack shtein about the phillies and most importantly at that age you didnt care if they won or lost and thats goes for all of us...you dont get fully invested in pro sports till around 10 years old
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: SD on June 19, 2011, 07:19:29 AM
Crawford was put on the 15 day DL meaning he'll miss the Phillies series. I'll be at Thursdays game on the 30th (1:05 start)

me too! my pops got poor person seats, though. so i wont be seein shtein. if were lucky well get hamels.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

It's Greater Media's (97.5 the Fanatic/WMMR/WMGK/BENFM etc.) company outing and I got an extra ticket that wasn't RSVP'd. No seat for me, standing room only. But I'll take it since it's free, a day off work, against the Sox, and I have a designated driver.

MDS

QuoteToday's lineup @ SEA: Rollins SS, Victorino CF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Francisco RF, Ruiz C, Ibanez DH, Valdez 3B, Martinez LF.

thats a lot of outs 5-9
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

so what happens on EI when the 1pm game isnt over but is on the channel of a 4pm game

MDS

ice grillin you

MDS

internet package

get xbox360 and hook mlb.tv through that to your tv. HD option 100% of the time.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

i was doing something in my kitchen and not watching the screen when that groundball to utley was just hit and i whipped my head around to see what happened because the crowd was so loud...do they scream like that on every hit ball...i have noticed that this weekend

ice grillin you

i was just watching the nats post game and fp santangelo actually said the nats lost today because "winning 8 in a row takes a lot out of you because you are always on base and running a lot and it caught up with them today"....haha

MDS

do you believe this big man hate in the dead thread

even as a joke i dont even know

ice grillin you

i really dont care enough...he was a sax player in the greastest rock n roll band of all time...that will have to be it for me as i have better things to worry about

MDS

ice grillin you

vargas throws slop too...just farging get hits off him...thats what id do