2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2011, 12:45:13 AM
btw is anyone else sick and tired of oswalt...dook is pitching like he wants to retire...not so much in his numbers but just his demeanor and the way he goes about things...plus his stuff looks so weak

yea no, not even close. check what he said post game after being pulled from the nats game after 5 innings.

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2011, 12:46:17 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on June 18, 2011, 12:44:49 AM
Not a good day for the National League.  4-10 vs. AL today.

Hey, Cubs beat the Yankees!

this pretty much tells you how underwhelming the phillies are as a world series contender

jesus christ

how the farg do i respond to you. oh my god the nl sucks the al is soooooooooooooooooo good the phillies can never win the world series bla bla bla. such a little dyke bitch.

stop being afraid you little girl. if they lose in the world series or the nlds suck it up then but dont sit around coming up with reasons for why its gonna happen. theres a reason they call it negadelphia and theres a reason our teams never win.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The NL record against the AL is zero indication of the WS outcome. Zero.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 18, 2011, 12:56:12 AM
The NL record against the AL is zero indication of the WS outcome. Zero.

simply not true...is it a 100% bellweather...no it isnt...but look at the history of the four north american sports leagues and more often than not the best conference/league supplies the world champion

the fact alone that the phillies were going to win their division and automatically be the best team in the NL since like december shows how weak the nl is...no one should win anything that easily
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

phils reportedly signed ryan 'steves son' garvey tonight...all prior indications was that he was extremely unsignable...and that he would have went a lot earlier in the draft if it werent for that

QB Eagles

Over the last 14 years, the league that wins interleague play predicts the league that wins the World Series as much as a coin flip does.

Maybe that's not true for some other sports, but that fact has zero relevance toward baseball.

ice grillin you

thats just not true....the AL has beaten the nl like a drum in interleague play...the AL has raped the nl in all star games...and they have handily out world seriesd them

they have had better players better teams and more champions

now this year could be different as its not over yet but the better league usually supplies the overall champion

MDS

is the al top to bottom bettter than the nl? sure

will the al win interleague? probably

will any of the matter if they make the world series? NO

now im not saying you sound like this guy, but this is what im talking about when i say phillies fans are over reactive red sox spoiled bitches

QuoteBad loss to a VERY mediocre American League team...which I guess is no surprise given the Phils pathetic efforts against American League teams the last few years. And they could easily lose the series with King Felix going against Worley tonight. No excuse for losing games like this against opponents like this. Weak effor by Oswalt and pathetic effort by the offense. I know, hard to get upset given the record and how they've been playing, but these clueless efforts against American League teams...especially the weak ones...has got to stop!

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i dont find that overreactive at all

he said they "could" lose this series...thats ubelievably generous to me because they are already down 0-1 and i will tell you right now it would take a miracle to win tomorrow

if he was overreative he would have said they are definitely getting swept this series...in fact id say hes close to a homer for saying they could lose the series as if going into it he thought they were a lock to win it....before the series started they were less than 50-50 to win it simply because of the piching matchups

MDS

so what if they lose the series? this happens to be a set where the pitching matchups arent in their favor.

@ stl next week they miss garcia and will have halladay and lee going. then vs. a bad oakland team theyll have halladay and hamels. they could easily go 7-2 and 6-3 in this 9 game stretch until the sox series. now does it really matter where the 2 or 3 losses are coming from?

these are just games in june. over. re. active.

ice grillin you

wins and losses dont matter right now....the bottom line is that in playoffs when they face good pitching almost every night they will lose...you know...because they cant beat good pitching...

welcome to last year

MDS

first off no. second off they have good pitching. in fact they will have the pitching advantage in nearly every playoff game they have. ill take my chances with halladay, hamels and lee in 6 of the 7 games. plus having that oswalt dude to go against their 4th starter in 1 game aint bad, either.

but its nice that youve moved on from 'they wont make the playoffs' to 'theyll lose in the playoffs.'

if youre going to be michael the grouch at least stick the script 

ice grillin you

never said they wouldnt make the playoffs...that was a given from the start

they wont win the world series because of their offense...but thats no earth shattering comment...i think most non homers know this

MDS

whatever defensive mechansim you need to throw out there to make yourself feel better, go for it. you sound like an idiot but you are beyond help.

they might win, they might not. i dont know. well get there when we get there. but i do know that a team hitting pablo sandoval and aubrey huff in the middle of the order won the world series last year against a team with hamilton, andrus, young, kinsler and cruz. so....yea. think what you need but dont state it so matter of factly.

Rome

They finally lose after a seven game winning streak and IGY rolls in with the usual doom and gloom.

Awesome.

That bar I went to sucked.  I hate fake English pubs.  The bartenders sucked and the drinks were expensive.

As for the Phillies... meh.  Oswalt really does look spent.  Hard to believe considering how well he pitched after the trade last year.

SD

Pretty sure this is Oswalt's last hoorah. There's been rumblings that he might be done after this season. I won't fault the Phillies for not picking up his option next season if he does decide to pitch. He's not worth $16 million. Injuries and the situation with his family might be playing a factor but it won't surprise me to see him turn it on again down the stretch.