2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Rome

Quote"I still think, and I'll say this to the day I die, that we were a better team than the Blue Jays. In a short series they won, that's all. Joe Carter disagrees, but we don't like him anyway."

GOAT

ice grillin you

i love kruk as much as anyone but hes completely delusional and sounds like a dope saying that...toronto is severely underrated on lists of all time great teams...they were awesome...phillies had an incredible cinderella season but lets keep things in persepctive here...

and what the farg is he talking about in a short series they won?...they won a seven games series in six games

while i am at it kruk also has no business being on the phils wall of fame

one of the great personalities ever...and i love the fact that he stayed in south jerz and reps philly to the fullest...but hes way better as an espn analyst than he is as an all time phillie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

People like him because people are fat stupid slobs and they look at Kruk and think that if he can be paid to be an "athlete" and tv commentator then so can they.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

the funny thing is people dont realize how much of an icehole he and the other guys on that team were back then...theres the notion that they were happy go lucky fun loving guys but they were really just a bunch of angry drunks who hated everyone

and i dont mean to rip them cause ill always love that team to death...but the revisionist history of them is hilarious

SunMo

the fact that kruk and samuel are on and schilling is not just screams pettiness from the Phillies
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

charlie

Quote from: SunMo on June 17, 2011, 08:28:32 AM
the fact that kruk and samuel are on and schilling is not just screams pettiness from the Phillies

I believe that Schilling has been on the ballot, so it's been a lack of fan vote.

Edit, he was...

http://mlb.mlb.com/phi/fan_forum/wof_ballot.jsp

ice grillin you

fans only have a part of it...and i suspect a very small one

no way in hell juan samuel would ever be voted in over schilling

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

they do themselves a disservice by requiring to have an addition every year.  it leads to forcing the issue.

when schilling finally gets on, who do you put on until this current group is done playing?  abreu?  lieberthal? corey lidle's flight instructor?

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

this might have been discussed previously, but who from this recent winning group do you take?

rollins
utely
howard
ruiz?
hamels
lee?
werth?
victorino?
halladay?
lidge?