2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 06, 2011, 06:56:11 PM
well it happened a couple weeks before pitchers and catchers were to report...and there are a few spring traning sites down that way...maybe he was gettin some last minute partying in with an ex teammate or a baseball friend in camp down that way

also he got booked at 9pm...it wasnt like he was at an after hours club...maybe he was driving back north towards clearwater when he got got

That's just it, you don't go through Cape Coral to go anywhere else.  It's on a peninsula, pretty far from the interstate (probably as far away as Clearwater, come to think about it), and is about as bland as a Florida coastal city can get.  It makes Naples look like a thriving nightlife city, and that's hard to do.  It's also a good 15-20 miles from either Ft. Myers team (Twins and Red Sox) through some crappy traffic during tourist season.  Ft. Myers I could understand, as that is more of a touristy/nightlife city.  Your point about a friend is probably the reason.

Don Ho

When was Choke's last home run?  Rome told me it was during the Nixon administration.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on June 06, 2011, 07:31:42 PM
When was Choke's last home run?  Rome told me it was during the Nixon administration.

May 30 @ Washington.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on June 06, 2011, 07:39:57 PM
Lilly's nauseating to watch.  He throws like a bitch.

Matches the Phillies' hitting pretty well, then.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 06, 2011, 07:31:07 PM
well it happened a couple weeks before pitchers and catchers were to report...and there are a few spring traning sites down that way...maybe he was gettin some last minute partying in with an ex teammate or a baseball friend in camp down that way

also he got booked at 9pm...it wasnt like he was at an after hours club...maybe he was driving back north towards clearwater when he got got

That's just it, you don't go through Cape Coral to go anywhere else.  It's on a peninsula, pretty far from the interstate (probably as far away as Clearwater, come to think about it), and is about as bland as a Florida coastal city can get.  It makes Naples look like a thriving nightlife city, and that's hard to do.  It's also a good 15-20 miles from either Ft. Myers team (Twins and Red Sox) through some crappy traffic during tourist season.  Ft. Myers I could understand, as that is more of a touristy/nightlife city.  Your point about a friend is probably the reason.

i dont think he was out for the nightlife....maybe he spent the day fishing out on a boat that was launched out of cape coral...i wont pretend to know but i also dont think cape coral is some town where you say wow what the hell was he doing there...its on the ocean and has a population larger than kansas citys
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Rome

SunMo

the espn crew is so bored by this game that they are just talking about themselves now. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

MDS

something needs to happen

i cant take another inning going over rick sutcliffes gpa
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Rome

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 06, 2011, 07:49:30 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 06, 2011, 07:31:07 PM

i dont think he was out for the nightlife....maybe he spent the day fishing out on a boat that was launched out of cape coral...i wont pretend to know but i also dont think cape coral is some town where you say wow what the hell was he doing there...its on the ocean and has a population larger than kansas citys

The population sounds more impressive than it really is (150,000 people, but spread over 120 square miles).  Large sections of the "city" are empty lots devoid of trees or anything else.

The fishing could make sense, but again there are as good if not better fishing spots in Ft. Myers or Ft. Myers Beach.  Though, to think about it, the best spots may be Pine Island or Matlacha, both of which you would have to go through the Capr to reach, so you may have something there. (sorry, sort of thinking as I type here)

No big deal, just the fact that he was in the Cape surprised me a bit.