2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Utley's played like 5 games and still has 562K in AS votes (currently 3rd behind Phillips and Weeks)

Chooch is 4th among catchers, but Posey has the lead and he's done for the year

choke is 4th (Pujols, Votto, Fielder)

JRoll is 2nd, more than double behind Tulowitzki

Polanco is 1st among 3Bs (and Sandoval and Wright being out has helped with that)

Victorino 7th and Ibanez 13th among OFs

Rome

I would be 100% content without a single Phillie participating in that charade.

Three days midseason rest = more beneficial times infinity, especially for a team of players who are mostly over 30 and whose careers are almost to a man way past their midpoints.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 31, 2011, 05:00:42 PM
you should have more things to worry about then 2 subpar months from an A ball prospect

if he still stinks in 2014 then i guess we can chalk it down as a loss.

would cliff lee and his seven year deal fall into other things we should worry about?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol absolutely

though i will say hes pretty much performing to his career averages. his value was inflated because of what he did in the playoffs the last 2 years. if he does that again no one will really care if the nationals bat him around in may.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

so sucking last year on the biggest stage inflated expectations?....or is it more of ignoring all the bad and inflating just the good

MDS

no one watched the world series

people only remember 09 and that alcs game against the yankees

and if you want to kill lee for one i guess subpar start then you can kill just about every hall of fame pitcher in the history of baseball, cause all of them im sure at one point or another "sucked on the big stage"
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

one subpar start if he was fatty blanton...four or five subpar starts this year for cliff lee

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 08:41:53 PM
one subpar start if he was fatty blanton...four or five subpar starts this year for cliff lee

i meant in the playoffs

ultimately thats what he and the entire team will be judged on. you didnt see me last year making excuses for ace halladay when he let cody farging ross take him deep twice in game 1.

PhillyPhreak54

I wonder what GM Ruben Amaro Jr and Asst GM Todd Orodenker have to say about Domonic Brown now?

ice grillin you

MDS

me and roob are both back on charlies nut

though lets not go crazy over 1 good week

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 31, 2011, 09:32:23 PM
come on j

in roob we trust?

The only thing I trust Roob will do is stare at himself in the mirror and tell himself how great he is at least once a day.

So 9-2, eh? Pretty zesty outing from Cliff.