2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Tocchet is actually one of my fav philly athletes too, and i don't even like hockey.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2011, 10:53:41 PM
jimmy is a top three philly athlete of all time...ive been trying to tell everyone here this for years...

for me:

tocchet
jimmy

wouldnt that be top 2?

MDS

i just realized on mlb.tv i can change the audio overlay to radio, and with in game dvr, i can get the timing down just right to listen to franzke call the game

boner
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

MDS

no like inside the same box, i dont have to open and pause and reset all the time

its already timed up correctly without me doing shtein
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Halladay was far from his best self, but battled tough - 10 hits, 3 HR in 7 inning, but only 4 runs given up.

Ibanez has been hitting much better this month.  Hopefully he can keep that up through the summer.  Still want a right-handed hitter with some pop.

Vance Worley optioned to AAA - Easy, is that his last option?  No one called up yet.

Rome

Two things...

Halladay was average.

The Phils were slightly better.

I'll take it, thanks.

PhillyPhreak54

Geo - options in baseball are one per year. So since he has been up and down once they can shuttle him back and forth as many times and it only counts as one option.

Don Ho

I love these games in DC.  The crowds reaction with two down, two strikes and Madson on the mound in the bottom of the ninth was awesome.  Good crowd today.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 30, 2011, 05:44:50 PM
Geo - options in baseball are one per year. So since he has been up and down once they can shuttle him back and forth as many times and it only counts as one option.

Worley's gonna love that.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 30, 2011, 05:44:50 PM

I may be showing my age, but I remember that players used to have three options - meaning three times to be sent freely to the minor leagues.  Just checked the rulebook, and apparently since Worley is on the 40-man, he can be shuttled back and forth as often as desired/necessary for three years.  If I am not mistaken, it used to be that the team could only "option" the player three times total before having to waiver him.

Rome

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on May 30, 2011, 07:27:15 PM
QuoteAttendance - 34,789

Haha... what a crock of shtein.

The numbers were right.

There were three in one section, four in another, seven in the next...

Rome

It looked like the outfield was crowded but the entire lower bowl looked empty other than Phillies fans.

Memorial Day is a tough sell because people are usually coming back from the shore or whatever, but still, motherfargers need more than 20K up in that bitch.

MDS

kendrick is probably gonna start until they get worley stretched out or whatever hes doing down there

PG text me ill talk if you need to