2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

it happens to every young pitcher

the being brought back down to earth game. and good thing it happened on a day manuel was waving the white flag before first pitch.

p.s. that book is very, very real
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

please dont tell me you think worley has some sort of bright future...or are you going out of your way to defend him just because thats what you do

QB Eagles

Sgt PSN

The picture of Wheels really tells you everything you need to know about him and the book.  That said, I'll probably end up reading it some day simply because I'm a moron.  Besides.....there has to be at least one interesting story or anecdote from 40 years around the team, right? 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 29, 2011, 03:07:07 PM
Besides.....there has to be at least one interesting story or anecdote from 40 years around the team, right? 

It's been out for a few years and nothing from it has made any news, so I'd say nope. Nothing interesting in there.

Now if he had some tales about screening Harry's groupies in there, he'd have a book.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2011, 02:56:03 PM
please dont tell me you think worley has some sort of bright future...or are you going out of your way to defend him just because thats what you do

hes a poor mans ja happ, might even be a slightly better version than kendrick. so no. he aint much. but he is a young pitcher and at some point or another theyre gonna get their ass kicked in a game.

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 29, 2011, 03:17:30 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 29, 2011, 03:07:07 PM
Besides.....there has to be at least one interesting story or anecdote from 40 years around the team, right? 

It's been out for a few years and nothing from it has made any news, so I'd say nope. Nothing interesting in there.

Now if he had some tales about screening Harry's groupies in there, he'd have a book.

read randy millers bio of harry. tells the whole story.

short version:
whitey was slipping. whitey gets moved off the 9th inning on tv. whitey blames wheeler. wheeler says he had nothing to do with it. harry stays out of it. harrys second wife loves whitey and blames wheeler. over time she convinces harry that wheeler is a pos since harry is the nicest man ever and refuses to see the bad in people. harry and wheeler now hate each other. wheeler especially hates wifey. harry is too nice and loyal to get wheeler canned. harry dies. we still have to deal with wheeler. the end.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

farging iceholes lost with their 5th starter today?  jesus christ!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

check out this money quote from jimmy

Quote"I was going down the line and Pridie with his fast stuff got over there and came up with a good throw," Rollins said. "But I was going to push it, get myself in position, keep the pressure on the pitcher - a hit and we're down two runs - but Speedy got shot down."

compliments the opposition but at the same time he keeps talking trash.

legend. give him his jeter contract already.

ice grillin you

jimmy is a top three philly athlete of all time...ive been trying to tell everyone here this for years...

for me:

tocchet
jimmy

thats it thats the list

Quote from: SunMo on May 29, 2011, 09:40:51 PM
farging iceholes lost with their 5th starter today?  jesus christ!

wow i thought the lil guy was bad

MDS

ice grillin you

two hours in my basement with you and tocchet will be your favorite human ever

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2011, 11:24:08 PM
two hours in my basement with you and tocchet will be your favorite human ever

this is either the greatest set up ever of my life or im about to get jonbeneted

either way it doesnt justify putting a farging hockey player atop your favorite athletes list. 2 types of people do that, SB's and canadians.

ice grillin you

tocchet transcendes individual sports...really it comes down to an age thing...the way you pimp the current phillies is the way my generation rode the 80's flyers.....where my girl pg at?!!?!??

MDS

titles
phillies 1 and counting
flyers 0

sport
baseball 1000000000000
hockey -canada