2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

question to elder back of the baseball card people:

did cole get "bailed out" by the offense here or did he "outpitch" pelf?

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

SeƱor has been warming up for the last hour.  Don't kill the guy Rich.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Wow, how bad is Joe Buck? His monotone, awful lack of any emotion when Choke hit that double was reminiscent of his same monotone, awful lack of emotion call of Lidge's WS winning K.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2011, 09:37:44 PM

nicole doesnt outpitch anyone.....if its btwn finishing a game and falling by the wayside she is selling out everytime

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2011, 09:37:44 PM

Good question.  Cole looked really good his last four innings.  Palfrey pitched a hell of a game.  Let's say the offense bailed him out.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 28, 2011, 09:40:17 PM
same monotone, awful lack of emotion call of Lidge's WS winning K.

i know yous dont like hearing this but that out was as anticlimatic as it gets

MDS

i dont understand what that means

so he never deserves any "win" he gets, only the losses?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2011, 09:42:20 PM

It won a World Series. Put a SHRED of emotion in your voice if you are calling a world series winning game.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Wow, how bad is Joe Buck? His monotone, awful lack of any emotion when Choke hit that double was reminiscent of his same monotone, awful lack of emotion call of Lidge's WS winning K.

I can't stand Buck, doing any sport.  People always give me shtein for ragging on him but he's always milked that whole Philadelphia and the brutal fans angle  Hey Joe, did you hear the Mets fans boo Bay and the Bullpen?  I'm sure he's thinking they're just frustrated.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2011, 09:42:25 PM

no...just that he rarely ever outpitches anyone...if its close and you have to actually ask what happened then best believe that the answer is that nicole didnt get it done

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 28, 2011, 09:43:21 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2011, 09:42:20 PM

It won a World Series. Put a SHRED of emotion in your voice if you are calling a world series winning game.

im a phillie fan and i was in the stadium and it was anticlimatic....so i have to think that having no rooting interest and being in the booth its gotta be kinda bleh

SD

I like Joe Buck and don't mind his monotone voice. You have to keep in mind he's a national guy and doesn't carry the passion of a local announcer. It's hard to get excited when you're not emotionally invested in something.

Love this call:
"Desean Jackson...."
"Gets a block!"
"Are you kidding me!"

Don Ho

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2011, 09:46:49 PM
Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2011, 09:42:25 PM

no...just that he rarely ever outpitches anyone...if its close and you have to actually ask what happened then best believe that the answer is that nicole didnt get it done

yea im fairly certain thats not true

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on May 28, 2011, 09:48:01 PM
I like Joe Buck and don't mind his monotone voice. You have to keep in mind he's a national guy and doesn't carry the passion of a local announcer. It's hard to get excited when you're not emotionally invested in something.

Love this call:
"Desean Jackson...."
"Gets a block!"
"Are you kidding me!"

Ok, I agree, that was pretty good.  I still watch that on the DVR at 2 AM.