2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the sellout streak is completely bogus because brokers own about 5-7 thousand seats a night they cant sell....check any weeknight game right now and you have full rows that are empty
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2011, 07:29:38 AM
12 wins would be a good benchmark number...whats everone else think they should get?

atl - L
atl - W
atl - L

at fla - W
at fla - L
at fla - W

at atl - W
at atl - L
at atl - L

at stl - L
at stl - L

col - W
col - L

tex - W
tex - W
tex - L

cinn - W
cinn - L
cinn - W
cinn

currently 9-10
record needed to get to 12 wins = win tomorrow and its a .500 stand....solid but not world series championship caliber
record this year against teams .500 or above = 14-16

also...

record vs teams under .500 = 15-3

on pace for 99 wins

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Based on their reaction you'd think they had never been on TV before.

ice grillin you

wow what a gag by halladay....but easy told me he will throw nothing but complete games in the playoffs...so all is well

MDS

lol again with the drama

thats 3 times this season hes wore down when he goes past the 100 pitch mark

sort of a trend at this point? or just an anomaly considering his career track record?

ice grillin you

he is 34 and has thrown a shteinload of innings over the last 5 years...also have to remember last year was the first time he pitched passed september....probably at this point in his career charlie needs to look to get wins out of him not complete games

but charlie is about as dumb as it gets in a dugout so really it shouldnt be surprising that he lets him throw 190 pitches every game

Munson

lol at 10-10 being "Good but not world series caliber" but 12-8 would mean yeah, definitely world series caliber

Ban this joke from the thread
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 25, 2011, 09:18:44 PM
he is 34 and has thrown a shteinload of innings over the last 5 years...also have to remember last year was the first time he pitched passed september....probably at this point in his career charlie needs to look to get wins out of him not complete games

but charlie is about as dumb as it gets in a dugout so really it shouldnt be surprising that he lets him throw 190 pitches every game

i cant disagree with this

probably want to cut him at 100 until its gets real late in the season, then start opening it up a little bit more.

especially considering how few innings the bullpen has thrown, it wouldnt kill them.

ice grillin you

yeah in a huge postseason situation yes id rather roll the dice with halladay than anyone on the staff (cept a non closer situation madsen) but right now theres no reason he cant come out in the 7th inning of a game

the hard part is overcoming who he is and the "hes a horse" thing...mentally you gotta pretend its fatty blanton out there and not be intimdated into leaving halladay in too long

MDS

see now youre thinking like a rational baseball fan and not a meat and potatoes meathead back of the baseball card WIP caller. where did this come from?

p.s. i dont care if he wont be used much when lidge and contreras get back michael stutes is plain nasty. back to cuba you go, joan baez.