2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 22, 2011, 06:49:54 PM
Keep in mind, that the Phils won 2 of 3.....which is more or less what they've done all year.  I think they've only swept 3 series (Hou, SD, DC) but haven't been swept in any 3+ game series.  The offense is a little worse than I think most people thought they'd be, but they've also given up the fewest runs in all of MLB.  Once Grit comes back, as long as the pitching holds up, this should be a middle of the pack offense with dominant pitching.  In other words, the 2010 SF Giants.  

I find myself often comparing the bums to the Giants of last year.  Here's how they compare this year

GIANTS
RUNS 158 28th
Overall BATTING AVERAGE .241 24th
Overall ON BASE PERCENTAGE .307 25th
Overall SLUGGING PCT .366 23rd

ERA 3.16 4th
Overall QUALITY STARTS 28 11th
Overall WHIP 1 .20 3rd
Overall BAA  .223 2nd

BUMS
RUNS 176 23rd
Overall BATTING AVERAGE .246 18th
Overall ON BASE PERCENTAGE .313 22nd
Overall SLUGGING PCT .368 22nd

ERA  3.03  2nd
Overall QUALITY STARTS 32 1st
Overall WHIP 1.20 2nd
Overall BAA .242 8th

Right now I'd take Doc, Lee and Hamels any day.  Tim Lincecum is still a beast but Sanchez and Cain aren't doing anythng special and Bumgarner is 1 -6.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

the big difference and one that doesnt show up on stat sheets is that the giants came out of nowhere whereas the phillies are the overwhelming favorite....theres a lot of pressure that comes with that...the giants were freewheeling and letting it loose.....the phillies will be expected to win every single game in the NL playoffs and if a team beats halladay say in a game one then the pressure becomes suffocating at that point...especially on the hitters who when facing good pitching in the playoffs are going to struggle big time in general
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea they cant deal with pressure OHMIGOD

its gonna get to them the choking dogs theyve never won a big game in their lives

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

jimmy, grits, polanco, choke, ibanez, chooch, dominator, mayberry, cole

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

even with GRIT back looks like a lot of lazy negroids and latinos in that lineup to me....TOO many

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

MDS

at some point youll see

rollins-polanco-utley-howard-cuddyer-victorino-brown/ibanez/francisco/mayberry-ruiz-pitcher

until then take it like a man and enjoy low scoring baseball
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm fine with low-scoring baseball.   See, I'm old enough to remember when the outcome of baseball games didn't resemble summer slow pitch beer leagues.   What many of us are disgusted by is NO OFFENSE.

You'd think someone with even a rudimentary grasp of sports would be able to discern the difference, but hey, if it somehow makes your life fuller to play the contrarian day after day, then have at it.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 23, 2011, 05:57:03 PM
I'm fine with low-scoring baseball.   See, I'm old enough to remember when the outcome of baseball games didn't resemble summer slow pitch beer leagues.   What many of us are disgusted by is NO OFFENSE.

you should have been ready to be "disgusted" in march when they set this lineup as it is.

there isnt a lot of talent and theres never going to be a lot of talent. its not challenging. if they had the red sox lineup id be all for killing them but i cant sit here and get angry that ben francisco and jon mayberry arent producing.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 23, 2011, 05:57:03 PM

You'd think someone with even a rudimentary grasp of sports would be able to discern the difference, but hey, if it somehow makes your life fuller to play the contrarian day after day, then have at it.

its not being contrarian its being pro phillie to the death...even hint that you arent the biggest homer ever and he will attack

Rome

It's times like this I miss Billy Beane's contributions to the thread.

Don Ho

Way to ruin the moment CSN with that shot of the goofball fan.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

it was ruined the minute EI carried the philies broadcast....wheels is a travesty