2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

all this and Kendrick got his ring back.  Life is good again

LBIggle

i was hoping a phils fan was holding it hostage until he got the farg out of philly.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2011, 07:29:38 AM
12 wins would be a good benchmark number...whats everone else think they should get?

atl - L
atl - W
atl - L

at fla - W
at fla - L
at fla - W

at atl - W
at atl - L
at atl - L

at stl - L
at stl - L

col - W
col

tex
tex
tex

cinn
cinn
cinn
cinn

currently 5-7
record needed to get to 12 wins = 7-1
record this year against teams .500 or above = 8-9

also...

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAAAAAAIN!

on pace for 100 wins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

IGY posted something positive and quoted an Aerosmith song.  What's going on here?

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 19, 2011, 08:51:00 AM
IGY posted something positive and quoted an Aerosmith song.  What's going on here?

Now I'm convinced the world is ending Saturday night

ice grillin you

hopefully it happens today so i dont have to watch chacin vs blanton tonight

when factoring in both teams starters and their offenses this has to be the mis match of the year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

The Phillies entered Wednesday's game 10th in the NL in runs scored. While that's troubling at first, it should be pointed out that just nine more runs this season - a small number when spread out over more than 40 games - would move them up to fifth in the league. More important: Only three other NL teams - the Reds, Cardinals, and Braves - have better run differentials. The Phils aren't that far off the production pace - even though, as Manuel noted, they've been without some key players, including Chase Utley. (Oh, and if you think Jayson Werth would fix all this, check his numbers with the Nats. He's not exactly mashing the ball down in D.C.)

But wait, you say again. They can't always win close games, you cry. That's true, too. No matter how well the starters pitch, the Phils - and this will surprise some of you - can't win them all. Sometimes, they're going to lose several in a row. That's nothing new, either. Last year, they had four three-game losing streaks, three four-game slides, and one five-game skid. And they still won 97 games.

By John Gonzalez

Inquirer
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 19, 2011, 09:04:49 AM
hopefully it happens today so i dont have to watch chacin vs blanton tonight

when factoring in both teams starters and their offenses this has to be the mis match of the year

Well, you don't have to watch Blanton.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Missed the first at bat tonight to start the game.  What happened to Fatty?

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on May 19, 2011, 07:29:56 PM
Missed the first at bat tonight to start the game.  What happened to Fatty?

Not sure.  Kendrick came out to start - seemed to surprise the announcers.

PhillyPhreak54

Blanton had elbow discomfort when warming up.

I have stomach discomfort watching this.