2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

coming into this game he had 3 hits this month...so id say he had a good game.

but i mean valdez has 4 so its not exactly a talented field.

they both also have 4 walks. 4.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 11, 2011, 10:30:58 PM
coming into this game he had 3 hits this month...so id say he had a good game.

but i mean valdez has 4 so its not exactly a talented field.

they both also have 4 walks. 4.

And the 9 spot in the Phils order has a higher OPS than the 8 hole.

MDS

i absolutely believe that stat.

and that was 4 walks this year, not just this month, if that wasnt clear enough.

so i mean, yea, even the utley of 2010 all gritted and washed up and shtein is a vast improvement from what they have now.

but despite all of this they are in 1st place and have the best record in baseball and the best record in the NL by 3 games. they suck!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

You suck.

Get Grit and Chooch back and lets see whats up.

And is Kendrick the set up man now?

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 11, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
You suck.

Get Grit and Chooch back and lets see whats up.

Lets hope not.

Kendrick as longman. Fine.

Kendrick as setup man. No.

Rome

Is anyone else worried about IGY?

I think he may have done something rash earlier.

:'(

BigEd76

igs left to watch HOF Hanson win....oh wait the Nats came back to win that one too.  Probably pissed the Phils will miss him again this weekend

btw how great/bad is this:

Quotemagelb
"I bet," Charlie Manuel said, "you were saying, 'Why the hell is he bringing Kendrick in here?'"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 11, 2011, 10:45:56 PM

I can't imagine this being the case.  I think Cholly is just going to go with a combo of his gut, who is rested and who needs work.   The pen had no action last night, so he could have used anyone really, but I guess he wanted to throw Kendrick out there to see how he handled it.  But really, as it stands right now, I don't think anyone in the pen has a defined role other then maybe Madson as the closer...but I don't even think Chuck will use him every time. 

MDS

be brought in kendrick because the marlins were sending all right handers up there and he didnt quite trust basticho to handle it, since hes been a tad shaky of late.

so with that, his options were kendrick, stutes and baez. and he chose kendrick. and won a game of russian roulette.

when lidge and big truck get back things will be a bit more normal back there.

Don Ho

Great game tonight!  That was exciting.  Watched the replay on MLB.com as I missed the last 5 innings.  Loved all the Phillies fans in Miami.

Poor Cliff Lee, it's been what, 26 innings that he's had no run support?  Madson was awesome tonight. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2011, 07:29:38 AM
12 wins would be a good benchmark number...whats everone else think they should get?

atl - L
atl - W
atl - L

at fla - W
at fla - L
at fla - W

at atl
at atl
at atl

at stl
at stl

col
col

tex
tex
tex

cinn
cinn
cinn
cinn

currently 3-3
record needed to get to 12 wins = 9-5
record this year against teams .500 or above = 6-5
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 11, 2011, 11:29:53 PM
igs left to watch HOF Hanson win

nope went to watch nba playoffs which are infinitely more exciting than this team right now....i need a break from them and mostly their fans as they boil my blood which in turn is really bad for my health....ill rejoin the thread after the nba finals...other than updating this important stretch of games
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Why in God's name would you let other fans' reactions bother you?

BigEd76