2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 29, 2011, 09:37:10 PM
Well, with the Braves spiraling into the abyss and the Mets looking, well, like the Mess we all know and love....I'd say IGY's right on with his offseason thread predictions. :yay

He's on a Marlins kick now

10-0

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

2 Phils records tonight:

Howard with 27 RBIs in April
Polanco with 39 hits in April
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Oh man did Choke get a pitch he could have tagged.  Can't think of anything better than putting up 10 on the Mets, well maybe if its Los Doyers.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 29, 2011, 10:07:59 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 29, 2011, 09:49:50 PM
Baez is in.  Hopefully, 10 runs is enough.

For him it was....wonder if its enough for Herndon.

He's throwing some meatballs up there.

Sgt PSN

On a night when everyone is hitting, including Vance freaking Worley, Raul still manages to go 0-4.  Will someone please end him? 

Still though.....Phils set a new club record for wins in April.  :yay  Funny, because if you were to only follow them through this thread, you'd think they were the 88 Orioles.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 29, 2011, 08:45:05 PM
yea yea yea theyre winning bla bla bla not interesting i know

J tomorrow's game wont be on. we got atl/stl instead. its still 2011 and we still cant watch what game we want. im at a loss for words.

Son of a farg - I was hoping to get home from inventory tomorrow and chill and watch the game.

Eat my balls, Selig.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 29, 2011, 09:17:04 PM
Vance Worley did a credible job tonight - got himself out of several jams.

And Howard luvs him some Mets pitching.

Geo!

You're alive!

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 29, 2011, 11:26:54 PM
On a night when everyone is hitting, including Vance freaking Worley, Raul still manages to go 0-4.  Will someone please end him? 

Herndon first.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

i realize its difficult to keep track of these things but baez has actually been pretty good this year.

herndon, on the other hand, has been bad. last year he was either horrendous or good--rarely any middle ground. this year its just been bad. difficult to say yet whether hes not a major league pitcher or if its just a randomly bad year for a mediocre relief pitcher. we shall see.

ibanez hasnt had a hit since april 18. i mean...just beyond finished. and on april 18 he was hitting .233. but hof brown should be up soon, francisco can take over in LF. all good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.