2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Contreras out 3-4 weeks with a grade one strain.

I didn't like them allowing Durbin to leave. Nor did I like the fact that they kept Baez and Kendrick. I don't care if they spent three trillion bucks on starters. Middle relief is the easiest thing to acquire and Amaro failed.

Nice route on that ball Francisco.

Even better that Oswalt is allowing the Phils tradition of letting opposing pitchers to kill them continue - 2out 2 run double by Daniel farging Hudson.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

What did pineapple head do?  I just tuned in and they showed him out at second?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

Francisco leaving two guys on 3rd with less than 2 outs already?  Impressive.

PhillyPhreak54

Lol PG yeah I'm really whining.

Any ounce of criticism is met with bullshtein. I'm sorry I'm jot happy about the bullpen set up. And I dont like Amaro calling Charlie out for Contreras getting hurt. Like it's his farging fault that his farging GM glued a bullpen together. The possibility existed to build better depth there and Amaro chose not to do it. Despite Lidge being a health question mark plus knowing Madson isn't a closer and the fact that Contreras is a farging senior citizen.

I don't care that the BP is only responsible for two losses. The scotch tale job will break eventually because the illustrious Amaro didn't build depth there.

But yeah, I'm just being a hater and have no basis for not liking the BP depth. You like Baez and Kendrick?

In the meantime Francisco had an awful AB.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 26, 2011, 10:26:38 PM

Shut up and stop whining.

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 26, 2011, 10:26:38 PM

Thank goodness Raul is right there behind him.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Does that invalidate the worries about the bullpen or the fact the offense's run production has dropped sharply?

Or do you just wanna shake the 15-7 pom-pom's?

Don Ho

Don Ho

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 26, 2011, 10:14:17 PMI didn't like them allowing Durbin to leave. Nor did I like the fact that they kept Baez and Kendrick. I don't care if they spent three trillion bucks on starters. Middle relief is the easiest thing to acquire and Amaro failed.

durbin left because of money. i think that had more to do with the owners not letting them spend an extra 2-3 mil than anything. they are close to the luxury tax and wanted to leave some wiggle room for midseason.

baez was on the second year of his deal. they werent eating his salary. he was bad last year, sure, but historically hes a fairly capable pitcher.
kendrick is not that bad. hes an insurance option for the rotation and a long relief guy. who is out and there and a better option? cc sabathia? the ghost of 1995 greg maddux? get a grip, buddy. kyle kendricks grow on trees. every team has them filling out their pen and their rotation.

also, middle relief is the most randomly difficult things to find. guys go from good to bad to out of the league to all star in a second. no rhyme or reason for it. there really were no moves amaro could have made. im sure you wanted them to throw money at rafael soriano and push lidge to the curb, eat salary, pay durbin what he wants, etc, bla bla bla. but those were not logical or possible moves.

the bullpen is the LEAST of the concerns and that fact that you are crying about is confusing and most certainly tied to your hatred of rube. you are a top 3 rube hater and a top 3 mcnabb homer. crazy stuff in your head my man.

things to complain about
1. the complete lack of offensive production/overall talent out of the corner outfielders
2. everything else
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.