2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Kinda surprising that Madson is getting the nod, although really what other choice do they have right now?    I'd personally give basticho a shot at it but they don't have another legit southpaw and Madson does have seniority, and we all know how Cholly sticks with "his guys".

BigEd76

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

i said fairly surprised considering his past history.  he's pitched very well thus far.

MDS

the only reason he cant pitch in the 9th is confidence

and i guess facing the AAA padres might give him that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

Lee is such an odd pitcher in that he dominates when he hits his spots but when he is slightly off he can get hit easily because he leaves the ball over the plate.

Phillies offense=watching paint dry.

Enter MDS bitching.

MDS

kennedy actually has his shtein going but expect plenty of these games

theyll win a lot 3-2, 4-3, 1-0, etc. but with an offense this weak theres going to be these nights where they dont have shtein

oh well, its not like i dont have cliff lee on my fantasy team

Sgt PSN

Don't you dare complain about the offense!  Who cares if they only have 3 hits through 5 innings and haven't pushed any runs across against a team that's given up the 2nd most runs in the league?  Since it's only 1/162 you're supposed to just sit there and take it.  Because if you complain about anything, then you obviously just don't understand the game.     

MDS

i understand that they have exactly 2 people in their order who are hitting in their proper spots

3 other people are incorrectly ordered. the other 3 dont belong in an everyday lineup.

guess who im talking about and win a free handjob courtesy of the rat igy finally killed.

Munson

lmao Ryan Howard just dropped the loudest F-bomb i've ever heard, and wheels hesitated in the middle of his meandering ever so slightly :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Hey hey - I'm back in time to see Ian Kennedy shut 'em down.

I was able to see bits and pieces of the Brewers and Pads series.

PhillyPhreak54

Some statistical beauty's from Gelb;

Ibanez riding a tight 0-21 slide

Their 6-7-8 hitters are currently 2-63

Ibanez & Chooch a combined 0-41

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteOn Monday, Charlie Manuel went on a long-winded rant against his critics. He did not name his boss, Amaro, specifically. Included below are the questions asked to Manuel for context.

Q: Did you feel like you had the personnel to be able to stay away from Contreras?

A: Do I feel like I had the personnel? I feel like, first of all, that there's no way in hell we overused Contreras. That's how I feel. There's no way. What did he pitch? The most games was three. Then he had a day off. He pitched five times in seven days. We weren't trying to stay away from him. He was closing games for us. That's how I look at it.

Q: Ruben has said he was used a lot.

A: I don't think he had been used a lot. Really. What's today? April 25? It's April 25 and I already hear our guys need days off. Guys need this. Guys need that. I've been listening to that for about four or five years now. The object of it is, like I tell our guys in the meetings, the brass, the object is for us to win the game. Every day we come to the ballpark, that's the object, to win the game. Now do you want to win or do you want to lose? To me, I want to win so I'll put the best team I possibly can on the field that day. I'll give you days off when I think so. That's part of my job too. If I'm going to be accountable for my job then you let me do the whole thing. You basically let me do my whole job. I don't need nobody to tell me what to do and how to do it. It's up to me to do it. That's how I look at it. If you want to talk about it and say something about it, that's fine too.

Q: Is anyone saying anything to you?

A: That's none of your business.

A few minutes later, the rant continued.

"We still have to play the game the right way," Manuel said. "Over the years I get tired of hearing people say we want him healthy in October. October is a long ways off. It's April 25. A lot of time, hell, there's a lot of people that aren't going to make October.

Q: Is that stuff coming from the inside or outside?

It's coming from me today, all right? That's where it's coming from. I hear it all the time. I hear it from [the media]. From everybody. From everybody around the ballpark."

Atta boy Chuck - give him (and all the other critics) the finger.  :yay

MDS

yea i mean contreras is like 45

hes was a ticking time bomb for a dl stint...manuel just happened to bring it on sooner than expected. not really a big deal.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 26, 2011, 12:21:26 AM
Some statistical beauty's from Gelb;

Ibanez riding a tight 0-21 slide

Their 6-7-8 hitters are currently 2-63

Ibanez & Chooch a combined 0-41

this is why im starting the quentin/bradley rumors...ibanez is so utterly cooked. hes not in a slump, not guessing wrong, not simply off. hes having good at bats, its just his bat speed is horrendous and when he does make contact, he rolls the ball over because hes 40 years old and not on steroids anymore.

chooch is whatever. a slump is a slump for him. and you knew you were getting nothing out of valdez/orr/martinez at 2b.

believe me they are scouting for another hitter, its just gonna take a few months for the trade market to open up.