2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

As long as they stay in ashburn alley or in mcfaddens I don't care what they do. Most of them are too stupid to find their seats anyway.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on April 18, 2011, 12:15:32 PM
When I was Munson's age I went to Phils games to watch the game.

When I was RJS's age I did the same thing.

Ten years later I still go to games and watch what's going on.

Call me old or MA or whatever else floats your boat but people not watching or getting obliterated at a game (so much so that the game is irrelevant)  is about the most idiotic waste of time and money I can think of.

I think the real point is that even when you were young there were still plenty of people going to games and not paying attention to what was going on.  They were just going for the sake of going and getting drunk off of $7 beer.  Doesn't matter how good or bad the Phils are, there will always be a group of people who show up at ballgames and are idiots and clueless as to what's actually happening on the field.  They just happen to show up in larger numbers when the Phils are good. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 18, 2011, 01:03:52 PM
Doesn't matter how good or bad the Phils are, there will always be a group of people who show up at ballgames and are idiots and clueless as to what's actually happening on the field.  They just happen to show up in larger numbers when the Phils are good. 

pretty sure this is what everyone has said over the last two pages

and what is worse....getting drunk and not paying attention to a 65 win team or getting drunk not paying attention and not knowing much about a 100 win world series contender

these people arent phillie fans...they just go to the games because its the thing to do...back then it was phillie fans getting sauced because they product on the field drove them to drink
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

dont worry little man, one day gregg jefferies and travis lee will be roaming the basepaths and theyll be terrible, just how you like them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

LOL....I see your point but college aged kids go to baseball games and get drunk regardless of how good/bad the team on the field is.  The douche factor goes up and down based on the success of the team.  Deal with it. 

Rome

I can only judge by my experiences in Clearwater this year but the douchebag quotient was insufferable.  I can see going there to hang out but why bother if you have less than no interest in the game?

Whatever though.  It's like the dicks from Jersey Shore have multiplied and now spend their time at games rather than at the gym or overpriced fag-filled lounges.

Munson

Like I said, I can only judge based off of the people I know and what I've seen at the games. In my game experiences, the drunk people still seemed to "care about what's going on"...and I know the kids I know that go a lot care and know what's going on/who is who. It's the womens I hear talking or see on facebook talking about going to the Phillies game and more often than not they're only going to get drunk and talk about who the hottest player is.

I don't doubt that there are "fans" that go just to get drunk and don't care about the game, but I would never let them ruin or even alter how much fun I have at the game. When i went to the eagles/cowboys game a couple years ago all i saw was disgustingly chubby middle aged men drinking and partying like they were in college again, but who gives a farg? Let them have fun, I'll have fun, and hopefully the team wins.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

charlie

Quote from: Munson on April 18, 2011, 02:57:10 PM
Like I said, I can only judge based off of the people I know and what I've seen at the games. In my game experiences, the drunk people still seemed to "care about what's going on"...and I know the kids I know that go a lot care and know what's going on/who is who. It's the womens I hear talking or see on facebook talking about going to the Phillies game and more often than not they're only going to get drunk and talk about who the hottest player is.

I don't doubt that there are "fans" that go just to get drunk and don't care about the game, but I would never let them ruin or even alter how much fun I have at the game. When i went to the eagles/cowboys game a couple years ago all i saw was disgustingly chubby middle aged men drinking and partying like they were in college again, but who gives a farg? Let them have fun, I'll have fun, and hopefully the team wins.

When their fun spills into my seats, both figuratively or literally... or I feel like they are crossing a line when i bring my kids... it's pretty easy to get them kicked out. So it's really not anything I get worked up over.

Munson

Exactly...if their fun suddenly actually interrupts you enjoying the game, all you gotta do is find the guy in the yellow coat and say "that dude is shteinfaced and just spilled beer on my kid"

I just don't think it's worth it to let some drunk 21 year old actually effect your experience just be being there. As was said on the last page...that was most of you guys 10 years ago, and 10 years from now the drunk 21 year old will be 31, there with his wife and 4 year old daughter, saying the same things you are about all the drunk college kids there. Enjoy the game, ignore the people around you, and boo the shtein out of Hamels if he has a bad game.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

I boo Hamels pitch by pitch.  Sometimes I even boo him if I don't like the way he tosses the rosin bag, adjusts his hat or if he doesn't move from the dugout to the mound with a satisfactory amount of intensity. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 18, 2011, 05:05:54 PM
I boo Hamels pitch by pitch.  Sometimes I even boo him if I don't like the way he tosses the rosin bag, adjusts his hat or if he doesn't move from the dugout to the mound with a satisfactory amount of intensity. 

Sarge you dick! 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I just got off the phone with my nephew who is a senior at Boulder.  He is on his way the Rockies/Giants game at Coors Field to celebrate a friends 21st birthday.  I gave him the old Uncle Charlie lecture to not drink and drive and don't get so shtein faced you become a belligerent drunk.  Sad thing is other than the mullet headed Tulo he probably can't even name another Rockie.

We have the same problem here.  Aloha Stadium serves alcohol at every UH football game up until the end of the third quarter.  People just get so farged up. Half don't even know who Hawaii is playing.  Always love the walk up the turnstile at halftime where the scent of Hawaiian Ganja is quite prevalent.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Hawaiians don't need to care about sports though.  You have Maui Wowie, surfing, beaches, hula skirts, coconut/seashell bikini tops and mainland whore/tourists 365 days a year.  Philly has some great food and the Delaware river. 

Sgt PSN

Dom Brown went 2-3 in his first extended spring training game today.  Was pulled after 5 innings....not due to injury. 

Sgt PSN

Nice farging ab for Gload. 

The 5 active players with the most career pinch hits either play or have played for the Phils.  They are (in no particular order):

Wes Helms
Jason Michaels
Greg Dobbs
Matt Stairs
Ross Gload

It's such an uninteresting stat that I find it interesting.