2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

there might not be a bigger douche convention in the world than a summer saturday phils tailgate
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: Rome on April 17, 2011, 05:21:19 PM

Nice win today.  Good to see them cramming 3,000 extra people into the stadium just like they did in Clearwater.   Gotta keep those cash registers humming!

I'm all for the Phils making every cent they can. Douchebag fans = more revenue = higher payroll.

ice grillin you

^^^^
truth

plus it makes for great people watching...no matter how much they may infuriate me

Munson

I love how infuriated you people get at the sight of young adults at baseball games :yay
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Young adults - fine

Young adults who get stumbling drunk, don't know half the roster, wear those goddamn stupid flat billed caps with stickers on them - not fine

Munson

I know plenty of young adults that wear flat billed hats and get fall down drunk at the games....but the only ones I know who go without actually liking the Phillies/knowing the roster are women. And they're just there to be looked at anyway.

But college aged people going to their favorite teams sporting events and getting shteinfaced...is that really unexpected? What did you guys do when you were in college? Go to games and act perfectly behaved? Seriously, not asking to be a fleshpop, but genuinely curious. Are today's college students just more alcoholic or something? I was obviously too young in the mid 90's to notice what young adults were doing at the few Phillies games I went to.

Double edit-I also hate the flat billed caps/stickers thing. Just another fashion statement white people stole and made totally lame.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Of course I acted stupid when I was in school and that age. Plenty of times.

But I never bought tickets to a game with the sole intention of getting wasted with the game being second nature. You're lying to yourself, or blind, if you don't see that the level of douchbaggery has increased tenfold at the games over the years.

Munson

Well I can only go off of the people I know that have partial season ticket plans, and most of them go, pregame hard in the parking lot, and still enjoy the game.

It's not a shocking thing that college kids go to a game with the intention of getting plastered. It's just more fun now because the Phils are good, so more college age kids are going. No one wants to go get drunk only to get pissed off at a team that's playing piss poor. It's really not worth getting upset over or letting it bother you when you're at the game. 10 year ago that was you, and the kids doing it now will be whining 10 years from now about the next batch of college kids getting drunk at the games.

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 17, 2011, 10:56:52 PM
You're lying to yourself, or blind, if you don't see that the level of douchbaggery has increased tenfold at the games over the years.

I think you're lying to yourself if you don't admit that as you get older, you behave differently and look with disdain upon the people who act exactly the same way you did when you were that age.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

altho many of them are douches it has little to do with how they act and everything to do with not knowing or caring about the phillies....they go to tailgate and walk around ashburn alley the whole game...not to see the team

im an elder and i still get drunk...but i also pay attention to the game when im there...and i care about the result...the phillies could blow a 5 run 9th inning lead lose the game and these people could care less

i understand its a product of being good and having a bandwagon but it doesnt make it any less annoying

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on April 18, 2011, 10:20:36 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 17, 2011, 10:56:52 PM
You're lying to yourself, or blind, if you don't see that the level of douchbaggery has increased tenfold at the games over the years.

I think you're lying to yourself if you don't admit that as you get older, you behave differently and look with disdain upon the people who act exactly the same way you did when you were that age.

Boom. 

PhillyPhreak54

Boom nothing.

Because I still get drunk and party. But I never went to a game without caring about the result and only to be seen or get wasted...like Havas said.

Rome

When I was Munson's age I went to Phils games to watch the game.

When I was RJS's age I did the same thing.

Ten years later I still go to games and watch what's going on.

Call me old or MA or whatever else floats your boat but people not watching or getting obliterated at a game (so much so that the game is irrelevant)  is about the most idiotic waste of time and money I can think of.

BigEd76

^ yep

btw for the out-of-towners, all 3 games of this Milwaukee series are on national TV (ESPN tonight, MLBN for the next two)

MDS

going to phillies game is now the cool thing to do. its a hangout. its in lieu of going to the bar or pre-gaming at someones house. people go and they drink and eat crab fries and try to get on tv.

its just waste of time for them to do be doing this but their money directly opened up the cheap pockets of the silent partners who then spent it on cliff lee and other sorts of fun stuff. so by proxy its a good thing theyre here.

but of course as an in game experience, it makes it worse, since these people are terrible human beings and wastes of spaces.

also might i add since games are still relatively affordable for everyone, the poor white trash at these games has boomed up. white trash people love junk food, big scenes and are always intoxicated before entering them. and since they can get in the door and have a good time for...like $30, you get irritating 20 year old funholes who have now idea who bobby abreu is.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.