2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Sgt PSN

MDS

Yea lee leaving 20 bucks on the table because he liked philly more than ny isn't the same as werth letting 60 mil go.

If he didn't take the nats offer he should have been shot
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

And Werth got his ring, so now he's getting his cake.  No biggie.  I hope he plays well except when he faces the Phils. 

Eagles_Legendz

Come again Matt Stairs?

I dont get the booing of werth but whatever.

mpmcgraw

Anyone who shteins on someone for taking 76 million over staying in Philly, which isn't Utopia as it turns out, is a farging psycho.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I am missing the damn game....

he's getting booed in Washington? lol

Did Stairs get booed? One of the biggest bombs in Phillies history gets him a free pass.

Rome

Who said anything about him staying in Philly?  He could have gone to a contender and made a few million less.  He went for the money and got exactly that and nothing else.

Good for him.  Here's hoping he enjoys that extra two mill per year on a ghastly ballclub.

And I'm seeing Jarred Cosart pitch tonight.  He looked and sounded ridiculous warming up.

Eagles_Legendz

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 12, 2011, 07:22:20 PM
Who said anything about him staying in Philly?  He could have gone to a contender and made a few million less.  He went for the money and got exactly that and nothing else.

Good for him.  Here's hoping he enjoys that extra two mill per year on a ghastly ballclub.

it wasnt a few million less....no team in the majors was anywhere near the nationals offer...i guess you missed the offseason where his deal basically turned heads around the entire league
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 12, 2011, 07:22:02 PM
I am missing the damn game....

he's getting booed in Washington? lol

Did Stairs get booed? One of the biggest bombs in Phillies history gets him a free pass.

Werth is getting butchered by the 90% pro phils crowd.  Stairs will no doubt get a nice ovation.  Can't top "Deep into the night!".

Rome

I said a couple million and again what I said stands.

126 million or even 80 million.  What the difference in how you live your life?

Oh, and Lee left a similar fortune on the table to sign in Philly.  He must be cuhwayzee!

Don Ho

Fatty K'd Fatty.

Missed the Stairs intro & reaction as mlb.com cut right to him in the batters box.