2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

it begins and ends with this. 

he's from california and he talks funny, that's why ignorant macho fans like IGY and Phreak can't embrace him, that's fine.

it just shows that even when somebody finally brings the title that the dumbass fans have been begging for, it doesn't mean much because he's from california.

and LOL at calling him soft.  the dude was UNDEFEATED in the 2008 playoffs and MVP of the NLCS and World Series.  if you think that means he's soft that you are dumber than the farging boneheads that call WIP and rip on the only pitcher to win a WORLD SERIES her in 25 years
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 10, 2011, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2011, 05:14:54 PM
its the baseball version of sd and thad young

Bad comparison.

You'd be onto something if there were a younger better pitcher at a cheaper price who didn't think he was an elite player waiting in the wings.

i wasnt comparing the players i was comparing the love you each have for your guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on April 10, 2011, 08:49:24 PM

he's from california and he talks funny, that's why ignorant macho fans like IGY and Phreak can't embrace him, that's fine.

it just shows that even when somebody finally brings the title that the dumbass fans have been begging for, it doesn't mean much because he's from california.

and LOL at calling him soft.  the dude was UNDEFEATED in the 2008 playoffs and MVP of the NLCS and World Series.  if you think that means he's soft that you are dumber than the farging boneheads that call WIP and rip on the only pitcher to win a WORLD SERIES her in 25 years

when the air temperature dictates how well you pitch you are soft...doesnt mean you arent good but you are definitely a bitch...mike schmidt who was 1 billion times better than nicole won the phillies first world series which was infintely bigger than 2008 and he wasnt well liked...shtein happens and nicole isnt a likeable guy....time to get past it

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on April 10, 2011, 06:28:44 PM
I wore my Victorino shirt on Friday night and took some major abuse when he flubbed that can o' corn.

My usual response is to show the 2008 World Series ring photo I have as my iPhone wallpaper, especially to my douchebag Mets & Braves fan friends.

Just remind them of CC and the grand slam and of course Vic batted in the first two runs of game 5 part 1 and he sacrificed Bruntlett to third which lead to the winning run.

That drop on Friday was brutal. He usually gets those.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

lol @ him not being able to pitch in cold weather.  it was cold in october in 2008, right?  and what about last year?  he pitched great in the playoffs.

SunMo

it was cold and pouring rain in 2008, but hey, whatever. he has a funny voice, he's soft
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

2008 was a fantastic abberation for him...the rest of his playoff career other than cincy last year has been pretty dismal...he won a world series in 08 and basically lost the world series in 09

again you can be good and be an unlikebale bitch...and thats pretty much what nicole is....the notion that a good player has to be loved is retarded

ice grillin you

Munson

Don't listen to IGY, he's the only one here who doesn't actually "like" the guy.

Phreak likes Cole Hamels. He's also seen what everybody else here has seen....when he lets up a couple hits, or a run, or a home run, he has more often than not crumbled and fallen apart. That's where "soft" comes from.

He's a good pitcher but sometimes he's a little bitch. For fargs sake get over it, or we can spend another 3 pages on it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mpmcgraw

Yes, a little bitch who in one year as increased his average mph over a point and half which is almost unheard in the middle of a career as a starting pitcher.

A little bitch who dominated like no one in the history of the franchise in the 2008 playoff and probably since Curt Schilling before him in the entire MLB. 

You people really are clueless.  Stick to football where your ridiculous theories and opinions are less open to be shot to pieces by objective evidence.  Die in a fire.   

Munson

yes, he's fine when he's dominating. When he gets hit he becomes a bleeding vagina. The minute the dude gets shook he has trouble getting it back. Just look at the tasing game. Dude was dominating, a fan runs on the field and suddenly Cole falls apart.

But apparently that means he's not a good pitcher
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: mpmcgraw on April 10, 2011, 10:12:35 PM
Yes, a little bitch who in one year as increased his average mph over a point and half which is almost unheard in the middle of a career as a starting pitcher.

A little bitch who dominated like no one in the history of the franchise in the 2008 playoff and probably since Curt Schilling before him in the entire MLB. 

You people really are clueless.  Stick to football where your ridiculous theories and opinions are less open to be shot to pieces by objective evidence.  Die in a fire.   

lol...amazing billy beane feelings caught

best post in a long time

Eagles_Legendz

Anyone have a way to pull up splits on opponents batting average with runners on base against Cole?  It did seem like last year he got into significant trouble once he let people on base.

That being said, I dunno that I'd call him soft.  He comes across that way because of his personality, but I think if you put Cliff Lee's personality into Cole Hamels' performance, it wouldn't be described as soft.

ice grillin you

lets not act like if you took away his hideous feathered hair and socal attitude hed be some sort of amazing pitcher

since the ws year of 2008 hes basically a .500 pitcher....hes a good not great pitcher....hes falls into a category with hundreds of other starters.....good thing is he is still relatively young and can become great...question is does he have it in him to do so

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on April 10, 2011, 08:49:24 PM

Whatttttttttt?

ignorant macho fan?!

Because I said the guy gave up inopportune bombs? Or jokingly call him Nicole when he gets ripped. Or made fun of his stupid photos with his wife.

I dont give a shtein that he's from California. Where do you get this shtein?