2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: SD on April 03, 2011, 07:42:52 PM
I'm sure this is just an early season thing they're going to hopefully phase out but they were patting people down at the gate last night just like they do at the Linc. I weaseled my way up to the front of the line in record time but the crowd stretched back to Pattison (went through the gates with the Robin Roberts statue).

In the 20+ games i have gone too each year, i dont once remember waiting in a line to get in. the gates on the 1st base side are always wide open.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 03, 2011, 08:29:51 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/magazine/mag-03Phillies-t.html?_r=2&ref=magazine

Was this already posted?

Good read.

QuoteI left Halladay and went to watch Joe Blanton pitch batting practice. Blanton is the Phillies' fifth starter. He's being paid a lot of money to be the forgotten man: $8.5 million a year compared with Halladay's $20 million, Oswalt's $16 million, Lee's $11 million ($21.5 million starting next year) and Hamels's $9.5 million. Blanton throws with an extreme, short-arm motion, a short stride, a stand-up follow through, like a Little League pitcher who has never been coached. Still, he has a darting fastball and a sharp slider.

Then I saw Lee throwing off a bullpen mound with Dubee and abandoned Blanton. Dubee glanced at me as if annoyed.

:-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

They call came off as douches except for Roy Oswalt, surprisingly. But I don't blame them for being dicks to the media.

Unless you're talking about the "never read a book" line.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Of course that's what I'm talking about. Pride in ignorance is something that I cannot abide.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

You should be scared that I knew that's probably what bothered you.
:-* Smooches!

At least he doesn't sound like a dumb hick when he talks.

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

I bet Cliff Lee has a huge tv in his bedroom though.  60 plus inches.  Probably has surround sound too. 

bastich. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on April 03, 2011, 09:15:22 PM
Of course that's what I'm talking about. Pride in ignorance is something that I cannot abide.

Ha - that is complete bullshtein.  You senses are assaulted by it every day in this freaking lunatic asylum.

rjs246

Why do you think I profess my hatred of this place so readily?

But yeah your point is valid. One of these days I'll have had enough and will finally stop coming here. Until then farg you all very much.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

you are point

come on son if you're goin to walk the english walk...talk the english talk....holla
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Some lowlife scumbag thieves broke into Kendricks house in Washington and jacked a bunch of his shtein including his WS ring.

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 04, 2011, 08:56:01 PM
you are point

come on son if you're goin to walk the english walk...talk the english talk....holla

Good catch. Thanks.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 04, 2011, 10:13:37 PM
Some lowlife scumbag thieves broke into Kendricks house in Washington and jacked a bunch of his shtein including his WS ring.

good he doesn't deserve one anyway
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.