2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

oh i didnt know he was over 100...i thought it was high 80's

but even so blaming this on roy is silly. he gave up 1 freaking run.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2011, 02:46:39 PM
welcome to 2011....this is what you are gonna get all season...but today was even insult to injury because brett myers out pitched roy halladay

I agree, just like opening day last season was a good preview of what to expect all season. 11 runs and the offense completely dominated the whole season.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 01, 2011, 02:49:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2011, 02:46:39 PM
welcome to 2011....this is what you are gonna get all season...but today was even insult to injury because brett myers out pitched roy halladay

I agree, just like opening day last season was a good preview of what to expect all season. 11 runs and the offense completely dominated the whole season.

this offense is much worse than last years

at least in years past they still had the firepower where if they got down you always had the hope of one of their amazing comebacks....even that is gone now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on April 01, 2011, 02:49:35 PM

I don't think he's blaming Roy at all.  Doc pitched very well.  Difference is that the Astros were patient and made him throw pitches which is why Doc was over 100 pitches in the 6th freaking inning.  Meanwhile, the Phils have basically given Myers a free pass so far.  He's still below 70 pitches heading into the 7th I believe.

Edit:  58 pitches through 6 innings of work.  FIFTY EIGHT FARGING PITCHES!

MDS

we all knew the offense was going to be terrible

doesnt help that manuel stubbornly continues to hit his leadoff hitter third but what can you do
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 01, 2011, 02:52:41 PM
Quote from: MDS on April 01, 2011, 02:49:35 PM

I don't think he's blaming Roy at all.  Doc pitched very well.  Difference is that the Astros were patient and made him throw pitches which is why Doc was over 100 pitches in the 6th freaking inning.  Meanwhile, the Phils have basically given Myers a free pass so far.  He's still below 70 pitches heading into the 7th I believe.

the truest sign of how stupid and undisciplined the phils offense has been....myers has zero strikeouts today

MDS

ice grillin you

perfect for choke...the one spot in the lineup that can get you back...when he is in these spots he has to deliver this year....the offense depends on him more than ever

btw how did houston not have someone in the pen ready for this

Sgt PSN

Decent ab from Howard, but really could have used a gapper there. 

MDS

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

ill take the two runs but brad mills gift wrapped a big inning by having myers face choke and ibanez and they didnt take advantage

MDS

myers was at 74 pitches in a 4-0 game

id leave him in, too

btw is there any excitement because they have the top of the order getting another crack now? oooo shane victorino and placido polanco! a washed up orgy of suck.