2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 08:34:14 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 05, 2011, 08:18:51 AM
Except since he had that talk with Baez and changed up things, he's been more of the first half of the season pitcher than the last stretch of the season pitcher.

hes faced three meaningful batters since the baez talk...im not ready to annoint him lock down again...but my main point is that hes still only facing a batter or two at a time....hes not pitching full innings

Because Jay is the only starter that hits lefty.  Furcal and Berkman would bat righty off him (no thanks), and as dumb as LaRussa can be at times, there's no way he'd use Schumaker, Descalso or Chambers against ODB...

ice grillin you

for the 100th time thats the point....hes a loogy not a lock down 8th inning guy

using 2008 as an example hes jc romero not chad durbin...where as earlier this year he was chad durbin
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

chill homey....I was agreeing with ya

btw how MA was that crowd yesterday?  Let's play "Find the black fan!"

ice grillin you

the only black native there with a seat was in the visiting dugout

this is awesome....

The ball bounced twice and into Jesus Tiamo's glove. The Spanish-speaking bullpen catcher held onto the ball. He offered it back later, but Francisco autographed the ball and gifted it to Tiamo.

this is more awesome....

He is, by nature, a quiet man. Francisco is usually one of the first Phillies to dress at his locker after games. His teammates call him "Benny Fresh" because of his modest but smooth style.

MDS

st louis is a super negro, actually. especially with east st louis looped in.

those people arent allowed at cards games though.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

my homie got shot hes a goner black....saint louis stillupfronts want they corner back

Rome

Not for nothing but how does that look different than any random Phillies home game?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 05, 2011, 11:45:21 AM
Not for nothing but how does that look different than any random Phillies home game?

phillies crowd has a small but strong negro population....helps that they have had as many as five blacks on the team recently....but its completely different than MA ass st louis

MDS

for example remember when cole got booed in april? if you do that in st lou they find each person who booed and kick them out.

those fans are the biggest bunch of homers. they are essentially little league parents. they cheer their kids when they do well and politely say good try when they dont.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

rob ellis is out there reporting for wip and said yesterday that there really wasnt anyone in the city that didnt think the cards would win the series....meanwhile most of philly was pretty nervous even tho they are a huge favorite.....shows the stark contrast btwn the two places

ice grillin you

two more wins and heidi is in the all time top ten for post season wins

ben frank with just the 3rd PH three run postseason homer (or grand slam) since 1995

BigEd76

The Cards are playing with house money like the Eagles were in '08.  If they don't win, oh well, nobody expected them to be here with a month left in the season anyway.  Meanwhile every loss by the Phils is OH NOEZ THESE ACES ARENT PERFECT AND THE OFFENSE SUCKS

ice grillin you

agree on the phillies part but the cards snuck into the playoffs a few years ago and won the world series so their fans are fully aware of what can happen in this scenario

MDS

the roles were reversed st lou will shower the team with love even if they didnt make it past the nlds

if the phillies lose 50/50 chance rube dies

Rome