2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

QuoteIn fact, among teams in the National League, Halladay would rank second to the Phillies all by himself — no other NL team has more than five complete games!

LOL
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

In heartbreaking news, Danys Baez was officially released after he cleared waivers.

BigEd76

BigEd76

Pence on 97.5, talking about Grit:

QuoteI just asked him after the first game, I want to get on your program, I want to see how you prepare for a game, because being with the Astros, I always ask about the best players and try to study them a lot, I go overboard to try to pick people's brains. That's just who I am. And I heard a lot about Utley and I was like, "Hey man, what time do you get to the field? I want to see how your prepare, what you look for when you're looking at film, ya know, what you're thinking."

I was just kind of, I don't know, pestering him, really. But he was like, "I'll pick you up tomorrow, 9 AM"

I said, "I can take a cab, I'll just meet you."

"You can take a cab, but I'm going to pick you up at 9."

So I was like, alright, he's picking me up. He texted me and said, "Hey, you want a coffee?" And I said "absolutely", and there you have it.

He was just showing me the city, telling me where I could live, good places to stay, what he's done, what it's like in the city. Talked a little bit about hitting, some of his old buddies, J-Mike.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

QuotePence has the doggedness of a Vince Papale or Carlos Ruiz, the work ethic of a Brian Dawkins or a Roy Halladay, and the magnetic personality of a Richie Ashburn or a Jimmy Rollins, not to mention the career batting average (.290), OPS (.817) and home-run total (25 in each of his three full seasons) of an All-Star.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20110801_Pence_well-worth_trade__Amaro_says.html#ixzz1ToXWLvXu
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Rome

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 01, 2011, 01:14:56 PM
In heartbreaking news, Danys Baez was officially released after he cleared waivers.

When is the planned group suicide?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

SD

MDS